T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

trying to update to 4.4.3 from 4.4.2

OP cesar.maranhao

14th June 2014, 02:12 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

69 posts
i am currently on 4.4.2 with root and xposed framework already uninstalled from within the app, philz recovery mode.

when i try to install the 4.4.3 update (about 92 MB) it gives me an error on a specific apk (cannot remember exactly which one).

what are my best options? flash a stock 4.4.3 image and re root?
Last edited by cesar.maranhao; 14th June 2014 at 02:37 AM.
14th June 2014, 02:22 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,511

10,207 posts
It's failing because of xposed. Try this
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=53109563
Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to jd1639 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th June 2014, 03:06 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

69 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

It's failing because of xposed. Try this
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=53109563

i am thinking and maybe the best for me is to make a fresh install (never did this before).

i have a couple of apps that i will need to have root and i also like keep the philz custom recovery

i never did this so i would like to know if it is safe to follow this guide:

How to flash a factory image | Return to stock | Unroot your Nexus 5

http://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...image-t2513701

i do not want to brick this. if i follow that, will i keep philz custom recovery? note that i am currently on 4.4.2.

and to get root again (after a fresh install of 4.4.3) will flash supersu.zip again be enough?

xposed is not needed for me and because of that i am havi all these troubles now, want to avoid that later.

edit: if i flash the file you posted, will it give me all the options i am asking right?
Last edited by cesar.maranhao; 14th June 2014 at 03:08 AM.
14th June 2014, 03:13 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN

10,207 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cesar.maranhao

i am thinking and maybe the best for me is to make a fresh install (never did this before).

i have a couple of apps that i will need to have root and i also like keep the philz custom recovery

i never did this so i would like to know if it is safe to follow this guide:

How to flash a factory image | Return to stock | Unroot your Nexus 5

http://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...image-t2513701

i do not want to brick this. if i follow that, will i keep philz custom recovery? note that i am currently on 4.4.2.

and to get root again (after a fresh install of 4.4.3) will flash supersu.zip again be enough?

xposed is not needed for me and because of that i am havi all these troubles now, want to avoid that later.

edit: if i flash the file you posted, will it give me all the options i am asking right?

The link I gave you is the same as a clean install except you won't lose your data or custom recovery. You will lose root and will have to flash super su in your custom recovery. If you go with a complete clean install I'd use the link you posted. You'll have to flash a custom recovery via fastboot and then flash super su in it to root. My link will be simpler for you

14th June 2014, 03:13 AM   |  #5  
Flag Droid
Thanks Meter: 201

836 posts
More
I recently upgraded to 4.4.3 myself. Everything you need is in the stickies my friend. Flash the stock 4.4.2 factory ROM through philz recovery. When you upgrade to 4.4.3 you will lose your custom recovery but the boot loader should still be unlocked (mine was). Its okay, there are two options to get philz recovery back. You can use fast boot commands with the phone in the boot loader menu connected to your PC. The command itself and how to set up android SDK is in the sticky called unlocking boot loader, rooting and flashing ROM (or something like that lol). Option two is to use the app flashify available from the playstore. It will back up your custom recovery and you can use that to reflash it after you upgrade. I have not used it myself as I prefer to just use the simple fastboot commands in the cmd menu.

EDIT
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2507905

Follow this tutorial on how to get your recovery back. Also the phone will no longer be rooted. There is a link in that tut to the superuser zip. Flash it through the custom recovery after you install it. You'll be rooted on 4.4.3 in less than 15 minutes from start to finish

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda premium
Last edited by Pain-N-Panic; 14th June 2014 at 03:17 AM.
14th June 2014, 03:56 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 74

415 posts
I just flashed rastakat 4.4.2 then dirty flashed rastakat 4.4.3. Runs smooth and I lost nothing

14th June 2014, 04:03 AM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN

10,207 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunderpimp

I just flashed rastakat 4.4.2 then dirty flashed rastakat 4.4.3. Runs smooth and I lost nothing

That's nice. What's the price of beans in India?

The Following User Says Thank You to jd1639 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread