Pushbullet Universal Copy/Paste Availabe for Linux, Mac OS X

Pushbullet is one of those useful utilities that once installed, permanently … more

Enable the Hidden Notification LED on the Google Nexus 6!

LED notification lights have existed on Android devices since the very beginnings … more

MX Player Ready to Rock on Lollipop

A good video player should be reliable and free. One of the XDA Community Apps, MX Player, meets both of … more

How to Disable Data Encryption on Nexus 6

In late September, Google decided to step on NSA’s toes and turn on encryption by default in … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] TWRP Backup from one Nexus 5 to another?

OP kev_gordon

20th June 2014, 08:20 PM   |  #1  
kev_gordon's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
54 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2007
Does anyone know, if I create a TWRP backup, can I restore it to a different Nexus 5? Both phones have been unlocked, rooted and with custom recovery installed in exactly the same way.

Just got a replacement phone, and would rather not have to spend the time to set it all up to my liking again!

Thanks
20th June 2014, 08:27 PM   |  #2  
jd1639's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,778
 
10,801 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by kev_gordon

Does anyone know, if I create a TWRP backup, can I restore it to a different Nexus 5? Both phones have been unlocked, rooted and with custom recovery installed in exactly the same way.

Just got a replacement phone, and would rather not have to spend the time to set it all up to my liking again!

Thanks

Yes you can. But DO NOT backup and restore the efs partition. That will make your new device useless. Only backup and restore system and data. That's twrp's default backup.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jd1639 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th June 2014, 08:29 PM   |  #3  
kev_gordon's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
54 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

Yes you can. But DO NOT backup and restore the efs partition. That will make your new device useless. Only backup and restore system and data. That's twrp's default backup.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

That has made my day! Thank you
20th June 2014, 08:31 PM   |  #4  
kev_gordon's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
54 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

Yes you can. But DO NOT backup and restore the efs partition. That will make your new device useless. Only backup and restore system and data. That's twrp's default backup.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app


Oh... just checked and in TWRP, System, Data and Boot are ticked by default. Should I untick Boot as well then?
20th June 2014, 08:35 PM   |  #5  
jd1639's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,778
 
10,801 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by kev_gordon

Oh... just checked and in TWRP, System, Data and Boot are ticked by default. Should I untick Boot as well then?

Boot's ok, especially if you have a custom kernel

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
20th June 2014, 08:35 PM   |  #6  
Lethargy's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Somewhere quiet.
Thanks Meter: 2,327
 
3,800 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kev_gordon

Oh... just checked and in TWRP, System, Data and Boot are ticked by default. Should I untick Boot as well then?

It should be fine, it's the kernel.

ANYTHING BUT EFS.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes