Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,110 Members 42,103 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

TWRP backups not recognized

Tip us?

UserNumberZero
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default TWRP backups not recognized

Let me start by saying that I am not new to rooting and flashing firmware, its just been a while since I last did it. I've had a nexus 5 for a few months with sprint in the US. I continually have reception issues and dropped calls so I took the phone in to a store. Before I could do that I had to reset everything to stock. I had no trouble doing any of that. I made a complete backup of my ROM before I did all that using TWRP. I went to the store and they told me to turn off lte in order to reduce dropped calls. After the I got home I set to work re-rooting and unlocking my bootlaoder. However when I went to restore in TWRP it would not recognize the backup even though it had been made only a few hours before. I spent several hours trying to get TWRP to recognize the backup. Whenever I navigated to the directory containing the backup the directory was always empty. I even tried zipping the backup and flashing it but it did not work. Eventually I decided to cut my losses and move on. I plan on taking the phone back to sprint tomorrow because I still have horrible reception issues. I really want to avoid having to go through the whole ordeal again but I am not sure what I did wrong. The only thing I can think of is that immediately after making the backup I moved it off the device onto my laptop but did not modify it in any way. I had some experience with CWM back when I had my old HP touchpad but none with TWRP, however they don't seem that different. Any help is greatly appreciated.

upndwn4par
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 9,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserNumberZero View Post
Let me start by saying that I am not new to rooting and flashing firmware, its just been a while since I last did it. I've had a nexus 5 for a few months with sprint in the US. I continually have reception issues and dropped calls so I took the phone in to a store. Before I could do that I had to reset everything to stock. I had no trouble doing any of that. I made a complete backup of my ROM before I did all that using TWRP. I went to the store and they told me to turn off lte in order to reduce dropped calls. After the I got home I set to work re-rooting and unlocking my bootlaoder. However when I went to restore in TWRP it would not recognize the backup even though it had been made only a few hours before. I spent several hours trying to get TWRP to recognize the backup. Whenever I navigated to the directory containing the backup the directory was always empty. I even tried zipping the backup and flashing it but it did not work. Eventually I decided to cut my losses and move on. I plan on taking the phone back to sprint tomorrow because I still have horrible reception issues. I really want to avoid having to go through the whole ordeal again but I am not sure what I did wrong. The only thing I can think of is that immediately after making the backup I moved it off the device onto my laptop but did not modify it in any way. I had some experience with CWM back when I had my old HP touchpad but none with TWRP, however they don't seem that different. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Did you put your backups in the correct sub-directory?

Should be something like: TWRP/BACKUPS/87095jgjg9034/nameofyourbackup

UserNumberZero
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by upndwn4par View Post
Did you put your backups in the correct sub-directory?

Should be something like: TWRP/BACKUPS/87095jgjg9034/nameofyourbackup
Yes, I did. I even tried renaming the backup to "backup" and still had no luck.

UserNumberZero
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Well, this is interesting. I went to Sprint today and they weren't much help but before I went there I reset everything back to stock. I made a backup yesterday and when I got home I put it on my phone and it was recognized immediately by TWRP and I was able to restore it. Not sure what I did wrong last time, if I did anything wrong at all.

upndwn4par
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 9,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserNumberZero View Post
Well, this is interesting. I went to Sprint today and they weren't much help but before I went there I reset everything back to stock. I made a backup yesterday and when I got home I put it on my phone and it was recognized immediately by TWRP and I was able to restore it. Not sure what I did wrong last time, if I did anything wrong at all.
Yeah, that's a bit odd. Glad you got it working now.

Sent from some device using XDA Premium mobile app