FORUMS

Android 5.1 for the Nvidia Shield Tablet is Out!

Nvidia is quite good at delivering updates in a timely fashion. The producer of famous … more

Other than XDA (of Course), What’s Your Favorite Site That Covers Android?

There is a number of other great sites that cover … more

Introducing Voices of XDA: Have Your Ideas Heard

By far the greatest assets we have at XDA-Developers are you, the developers, the eager … more

Unofficial Xposed For Lollipop Touchwiz With Flashable Zip

XDA Recognized Developer arter97 has released an unofficial build … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] TWRP Recovery

9th July 2014, 12:57 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

He said don't use the app

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I tried the app before he said that. Just wanted to check it out. xD I didn't install any thing.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
 
9th July 2014, 01:07 AM |#12  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastSidekick

1. Download TWRP latest image which is 2.7.1.1 right now.

2. Place in same directory as fastboot

3. Fastboot Flash recovery nameoffile.IMG

For further references and download, here's a link to TWRP.

teamw.in/project/twrp2/205

The only thing I'm not getting is where I have to put the file in my computer.
I installed adb with that 15 sec installer.
Can you help a noob out? XD

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
9th July 2014, 01:23 AM |#13  
jd1639's Avatar
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 4,676
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Diogo

The only thing I'm not getting is where I have to put the file in my computer.
I installed adb with that 15 sec installer.
Can you help a noob out? XD

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Boot into the bootloader and then from a command window use

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img where recovery.img is the name of your twrp recovery image

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to jd1639 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th July 2014, 02:40 AM |#14  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

Boot into the bootloader and then from a command window use

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img where recovery.img is the name of your twrp recovery image

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

So,

Boot in fastboot;
Connect to PC;
Do the command line thing. From what folder of the PC do I do this?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
9th July 2014, 03:23 AM |#15  
jd1639's Avatar
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 4,676
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Diogo

So,

Boot in fastboot;
Connect to PC;
Do the command line thing. From what folder of the PC do I do this?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Put the recovery image in the same folder as fastboot.exe. Then open a command window in that folder

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jd1639 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th July 2014, 04:40 AM |#16  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

Put the recovery image in the same folder as fastboot.exe. Then open a command window in that folder

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

I made it!
Thanks for your help.
Turns out I didn't need it to put it in that folder since I installed adb and fastboot with the 15 sec. program and it added it to my PATH.
Thanks again for your help guys.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to J.Diogo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th July 2014, 06:51 AM |#17  
rootSU's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 17,461
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

Put the recovery image in the same folder as fastboot.exe. Then open a command window in that folder

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

He doesn't need to do that. Only people who didn't install fastboot correctly need to do that. He used the installer so the variables are present. He doesn't need to cd to the directory fastboot is in OR put anything he wants to flash in that directory.

OP please click the link in my signature and read from there my adb and fastboot info thread

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th July 2014, 02:28 AM |#18  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

He doesn't need to do that. Only people who didn't install fastboot correctly need to do that. He used the installer so the variables are present. He doesn't need to cd to the directory fastboot is in OR put anything he wants to flash in that directory.

OP please click the link in my signature and read from there my adb and fastboot info thread

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Right.
The only thing I did was: in the folder where I had the .img I shift+right click and clicked open command line here, from here I just imputed the text on the cmd.
Did I needed to do that or is it not needed for me?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
10th July 2014, 02:50 AM |#19  
jd1639's Avatar
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 4,676
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Diogo

Right.
The only thing I did was: in the folder where I had the .img I shift+right click and clicked open command line here, from here I just imputed the text on the cmd.
Did I needed to do that or is it not needed for me?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Probably not needed. But did it work?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to jd1639 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th July 2014, 03:55 AM |#20  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

Probably not needed. But did it work?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Yeah it's working great.
Thanks for all your help :thumbup:

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes