XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] unable to answer phone or reject calls

Tip us?

OneOfOne
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] unable to answer phone or reject calls

I just want to know if anyone else is having the issue of being unable to answer the phone using the ring or reject calls doing the same thing. the phone rings and I see the call is coming but when I move the ring to accept the call the phone locks up. same when I want to reject it. I have to reboot the phone. is there a fix for this? I had NO problems before I went to the 4.4.2 update which is the only update I applied. I changed back to the .15 and .17 radios in hopes of a fix [yes I know the phone app probably could be the culprit but I am desperate] to no avail.

kboya
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Not had this. If you've changed radios then you have an unlocked loader. Full wipe and reinstall your ROM is my suggestion.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

hubono
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I'm having the same issues.
The incoming screen with answer reject don't show up.
I thinks it's something to do with the ROM

OneOfOne
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Google told me to clear the system cache and if that didn't work to reset the phone to stock firmware. apparently there are plenty of people having this issue which a Google search confirmed. I emailed them and told them that this is a known issue by both Google and sprint and they sent me a link to request an rma and a new phone. one of the posts I read during my search implied that the user who did the same thing as I am doing got a new phone without the issue. Google did not in any way resist anything I said and simply said they were 'disappointed' that their fixes didn't work and are sending me a new phone. I will note that although my phone is unlocked and rooted I did receive an ota update to 4.4.2 and had the radio issues people are talking about. I reflashed to a couple of the older radios and that issue in and of itself was corrected. currently on .15 . very annoying that the lte and phone voice functionality on sprint are mutually exclusive. doesnt seem to be an issue on tmobile or at+t. they remain options once my etf gets to its minimum price in march.

OneOfOne
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kboya View Post
Not had this. If you've changed radios then you have an unlocked loader. Full wipe and reinstall your ROM is my suggestion.

the rom is stock from the ota received 2 weeks ago.