What is the Best Third-Party Camera App for Android?

When it comes to Camera apps, there are dozens of great options to choose … more

Google to Acquire XDA, Dev Rewards & Policy Changes

We are delighted to announce that starting on April 20th, a finalized deal with … more

Hi Locker to Help You With Lockscreen Headache

The lockscreen is a part of the OS that we see hundreds of times every day, whether … more

Must Have App Review: Spider Squisher Pro Extreme

Here on XDA TV we have a series we like to call Must Have Apps. These are apps that we … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Unable to Connect to Carrier Network After Removing Back Cover?

25th May 2014, 10:46 AM |#1  
Zerosuit Connor's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 244
 
303 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Donate to Me
More
Hey there, my silly missus recently tried to pry the back off of her Nexus 5, upon doing so the phone is no longer able to connect to any mobile networks, make calls, SMS etc. Does anyone have any advice?
25th May 2014, 02:00 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 153
 
427 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerosuit Connor

Hey there, my silly missus recently tried to pry the back off of her Nexus 5, upon doing so the phone is no longer able to connect to any mobile networks, make calls, SMS etc. Does anyone have any advice?

I had this problem with nfc and wireless charging, turned out the back panel just wasn't set properly. I believe there are antennas that need to contact components on the motherboard. Try pushing a little harder all over the back until you hear it snap.

Sent from my Nexus 5
26th May 2014, 12:01 PM |#3  
1c3_5n0w's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 132
 
471 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerosuit Connor

Hey there, my silly missus recently tried to pry the back off of her Nexus 5, upon doing so the phone is no longer able to connect to any mobile networks, make calls, SMS etc. Does anyone have any advice?

ARENT YOU THE GUY FROM GBATEMP?! Try properly snapping on the back cover. There are various antennas and perhaps they weren't properly lined up. Don't really think removing a back cover will cause this, my 2 cents is that it just isn't properly snap shut.

EDIT: pretty sure you are. You owned an Xperia Play and we discussed it in a GBATemp thread before saying that android 4.1 was rolling out to Nexus devices. We also met in the Gin2JB thread.
Last edited by 1c3_5n0w; 26th May 2014 at 12:10 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to 1c3_5n0w For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th May 2014, 02:44 AM |#4  
Zerosuit Connor's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 244
 
303 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1c3_5n0w

ARENT YOU THE GUY FROM GBATEMP?! Try properly snapping on the back cover. There are various antennas and perhaps they weren't properly lined up. Don't really think removing a back cover will cause this, my 2 cents is that it just isn't properly snap shut.

EDIT: pretty sure you are. You owned an Xperia Play and we discussed it in a GBATemp thread before saying that android 4.1 was rolling out to Nexus devices. We also met in the Gin2JB thread.

Yeah, that's me! Been a while since I've been over there, and I've since moved from an Xperia Play to an Xperia Z1, and a Z2 in the next few weeks.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zerosuit Connor For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th May 2014, 02:45 AM |#5  
Zerosuit Connor's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 244
 
303 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by premo15

I had this problem with nfc and wireless charging, turned out the back panel just wasn't set properly. I believe there are antennas that need to contact components on the motherboard. Try pushing a little harder all over the back until you hear it snap.

Sent from my Nexus 5


Ah! That worked, thanks! Who'd have thought.
27th May 2014, 07:52 AM |#6  
1c3_5n0w's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 132
 
471 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Donate to Me
More
Since you solved your prob, what happened to your GBAtemp pokemon mod? Haha was looking forward to playing that last time

Sent from my XT1032 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes