Browse Your Files with Ease using MK Explorer

Google has made quite an effort in perfecting the powerful and multi-faceted OS that we know as … more

How to Fix the Nexus Available Storage Bug – XDA TV

Is your Nexus device only showing half of the available storage as it should? Many … more

Don’t Forget About Birthdays with Birthday Reminder

A person’s birthday is, without a doubt,one of the most important days in his … more

Don’t Fear Flashing with I Don’t Want You!

The XDA message boards are full of various modifications, with many of these helping … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Unable to Connect to Carrier Network After Removing Back Cover?

OP Zerosuit Connor

25th May 2014, 11:46 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 242

303 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hey there, my silly missus recently tried to pry the back off of her Nexus 5, upon doing so the phone is no longer able to connect to any mobile networks, make calls, SMS etc. Does anyone have any advice?
25th May 2014, 03:00 PM   |  #2  
Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 153

427 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerosuit Connor

Hey there, my silly missus recently tried to pry the back off of her Nexus 5, upon doing so the phone is no longer able to connect to any mobile networks, make calls, SMS etc. Does anyone have any advice?

I had this problem with nfc and wireless charging, turned out the back panel just wasn't set properly. I believe there are antennas that need to contact components on the motherboard. Try pushing a little harder all over the back until you hear it snap.

Sent from my Nexus 5
26th May 2014, 01:01 PM   |  #3  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 131

471 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerosuit Connor

ARENT YOU THE GUY FROM GBATEMP?! Try properly snapping on the back cover. There are various antennas and perhaps they weren't properly lined up. Don't really think removing a back cover will cause this, my 2 cents is that it just isn't properly snap shut.

EDIT: pretty sure you are. You owned an Xperia Play and we discussed it in a GBATemp thread before saying that android 4.1 was rolling out to Nexus devices. We also met in the Gin2JB thread.
Last edited by 1c3_5n0w; 26th May 2014 at 01:10 PM.
27th May 2014, 03:44 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sydney

303 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1c3_5n0w

ARENT YOU THE GUY FROM GBATEMP?! Try properly snapping on the back cover. There are various antennas and perhaps they weren't properly lined up. Don't really think removing a back cover will cause this, my 2 cents is that it just isn't properly snap shut.

EDIT: pretty sure you are. You owned an Xperia Play and we discussed it in a GBATemp thread before saying that android 4.1 was rolling out to Nexus devices. We also met in the Gin2JB thread.

Yeah, that's me! Been a while since I've been over there, and I've since moved from an Xperia Play to an Xperia Z1, and a Z2 in the next few weeks.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zerosuit Connor For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th May 2014, 03:45 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sydney

303 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by premo15

I had this problem with nfc and wireless charging, turned out the back panel just wasn't set properly. I believe there are antennas that need to contact components on the motherboard. Try pushing a little harder all over the back until you hear it snap.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Ah! That worked, thanks! Who'd have thought.
27th May 2014, 08:52 AM   |  #6  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 131

471 posts
Donate to Me
More
Since you solved your prob, what happened to your GBAtemp pokemon mod? Haha was looking forward to playing that last time

Sent from my XT1032 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread