Unable to copy files to Nexus 5

Tip us?

xdm9mm
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Default Unable to copy files to Nexus 5

Please help.

I have rooted and installed SuperSu and TWRP on my device.

I tried to connect my phone to my computer, it gets detected and drivers are installed.

When I cannect it as MTP, the drive on the phone does not appear on my coimputer. When I change to PTP, it appears as camera. But I can't copy files to it.

I have tried with another computer with the same result.I have rebooted the computers and I also reset my phone which didn't help.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you

thenobol
Old
Thanks Meter 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdm9mm View Post
Please help.

I have rooted and installed SuperSu and TWRP on my device.

I tried to connect my phone to my computer, it gets detected and drivers are installed.

When I cannect it as MTP, the drive on the phone does not appear on my coimputer. When I change to PTP, it appears as camera. But I can't copy files to it.

I have tried with another computer with the same result.I have rebooted the computers and I also reset my phone which didn't help.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you
enable adb in developer options and then connect to your pc, that fixed connection for me
Keep Calm, and push the THANKS button
Nexus 5
The Following User Says Thank You to thenobol For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xdm9mm
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenobol View Post
enable adb in developer options and then connect to your pc, that fixed connection for me

if you mean usb debugging, I have already done that...

skyo12
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdm9mm View Post
if you mean usb debugging, I have already done that...
Do you just not see the device within you folders? Might be a driver issue, I had some problems with that initially.

Also, I had issues trying to transfer pictures/videos from my PC to the phone as well. IT would start the transfer but started crashing a few times before I was able to transfer everything over successfully. But that might just be a Win 8.1 compatibility or driver issues as well.

xdm9mm
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyo12 View Post
Do you just not see the device within you folders? Might be a driver issue, I had some problems with that initially.

Also, I had issues trying to transfer pictures/videos from my PC to the phone as well. IT would start the transfer but started crashing a few times before I was able to transfer everything over successfully. But that might just be a Win 8.1 compatibility or driver issues as well.
Yes I don't see the device. Maybe it's caused by the old Nexus 4 drivers.. anyway I uninstalled "Android Device" from my computer's device manager, unplugged the phone, then it miraculously installed the drivers... I'm copying mp3's to my phone now.

Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to xdm9mm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2259
Sounds like a driver issue. Google "Android naked usb drivers" those worked well for me