5,600,571 Members 33,108 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unable to copy files to Nexus 5

Tip us?
 
xdm9mm
Old
#1  
xdm9mm's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 60
Join Date: Dec 2013
Default Unable to copy files to Nexus 5

Please help.

I have rooted and installed SuperSu and TWRP on my device.

I tried to connect my phone to my computer, it gets detected and drivers are installed.

When I cannect it as MTP, the drive on the phone does not appear on my coimputer. When I change to PTP, it appears as camera. But I can't copy files to it.

I have tried with another computer with the same result.I have rebooted the computers and I also reset my phone which didn't help.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you
 
thenobol
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 126
Posts: 164
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdm9mm View Post
Please help.

I have rooted and installed SuperSu and TWRP on my device.

I tried to connect my phone to my computer, it gets detected and drivers are installed.

When I cannect it as MTP, the drive on the phone does not appear on my coimputer. When I change to PTP, it appears as camera. But I can't copy files to it.

I have tried with another computer with the same result.I have rebooted the computers and I also reset my phone which didn't help.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you
enable adb in developer options and then connect to your pc, that fixed connection for me
Keep Calm, and push the THANKS button
Nexus 5
The Following User Says Thank You to thenobol For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
xdm9mm
Old
#3  
xdm9mm's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 60
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenobol View Post
enable adb in developer options and then connect to your pc, that fixed connection for me

if you mean usb debugging, I have already done that...
 
skyo12
Old
#4  
skyo12's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 96
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdm9mm View Post
if you mean usb debugging, I have already done that...
Do you just not see the device within you folders? Might be a driver issue, I had some problems with that initially.

Also, I had issues trying to transfer pictures/videos from my PC to the phone as well. IT would start the transfer but started crashing a few times before I was able to transfer everything over successfully. But that might just be a Win 8.1 compatibility or driver issues as well.
 
xdm9mm
Old
#5  
xdm9mm's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 60
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyo12 View Post
Do you just not see the device within you folders? Might be a driver issue, I had some problems with that initially.

Also, I had issues trying to transfer pictures/videos from my PC to the phone as well. IT would start the transfer but started crashing a few times before I was able to transfer everything over successfully. But that might just be a Win 8.1 compatibility or driver issues as well.
Yes I don't see the device. Maybe it's caused by the old Nexus 4 drivers.. anyway I uninstalled "Android Device" from my computer's device manager, unplugged the phone, then it miraculously installed the drivers... I'm copying mp3's to my phone now.

Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to xdm9mm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
jd1639
Old
#6  
jd1639's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2259
Posts: 7,423
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Minnetonka, MN
Sounds like a driver issue. Google "Android naked usb drivers" those worked well for me
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

TasGear: A Tasker Extension for the Samsung Galaxy Gear

With wearable technology taking center stage this year, one can only expect more … more

Intelligently Place Contacts on Your Home Screen with CallWho Widget

There are plenty of ways to get your contacts to show up on your … more

Control TWRP from within Android with TWRP Coordinator

You may recall that back when TWRP2 introduced a couple of years ago, it brought with … more

Keep Track of Everything Your Device Does with Event Logger

Regardless of their OS choice, computing power users generally share one common … more