Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,591 Members 36,428 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Unable to erase cache partition

Tip us?

jpabloae
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
Full normal instructions are linked in my signature
I might be missing something, but on the signature's guide, in the last step (Locking your bootloader+ Resetting the tamper flag) it uses TWRP to install the zip file that resets the temper flag, and this process lockes the bootloader as well. I mean, after doing this you don't end up with the stock recovery but with TWRP.

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 10733
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpabloae View Post
I might be missing something, but on the signature's guide, in the last step (Locking your bootloader+ Resetting the tamper flag) it uses TWRP to install the zip file that resets the temper flag, and this process lockes the bootloader as well. I mean, after doing this you don't end up with the stock recovery but with TWRP.
In the steps he doesn't flash TWRP. He boots to it.

fastboot boot recovery.img

as opposed to

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

That means you have stock recovery already installed at that point and you do not replace it.

There is also an app called BootUnlocker, which resets the taper flag from within android (With root) so you can just use that. I use that and mine is constantly showing as not tampered
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

jpabloae
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
In the steps he doesn't flash TWRP. He boots to it.
You're absolutely right, I took it for granted it was necessary to flash it before using it. My phone is now 100% recovered, thank you so much!

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 10733
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpabloae View Post
You're absolutely right, I took it for granted it was necessary to flash it before using it. My phone is now 100% recovered, thank you so much!
No probs
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.