Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,324 Members 42,957 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Unable to install or trust any VPN application.

Tip us?

sodukulhi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Unable to install or trust any VPN application.

I've been using Hotspot Shield to access other countries' Play Store since I've bought this phone. After some time of absence from using the VPN, I tried last night, and I'm unable to check the box "I trust this application". It is not greyed out even. So, I uninstalled the app and tried to install it again. Now I can't even install any VPN app ezcpet OpenVPN. I don't have Lux Brightness app or any other app like that installed. The phone is not rooted. Can anyone help me on this matter?

Model: Nexus 5
Android version: 4.4.3
Build number: KTU84M

i4GS
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sodukulhi View Post
I've been using Hotspot Shield to access other countries' Play Store since I've bought this phone. After some time of absence from using the VPN, I tried last night, and I'm unable to check the box "I trust this application". It is not greyed out even. So, I uninstalled the app and tried to install it again. Now I can't even install any VPN app ezcpet OpenVPN. I don't have Lux Brightness app or any other app like that installed. The phone is not rooted. Can anyone help me on this matter?

Model: Nexus 5
Android version: 4.4.3
Build number: KTU84M
Firstly, Android 4.4.4 has been released with Minor fixes, i recommend you update.
Next, I don't know about OpenVPN but i know in hotspot shield it asks for permissions on startup
and a button to accept.

Download HotSpot Shield , if it shows and works, it's OpenVPN.

sodukulhi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I've updated it to 4.4.4 and downloaded SuperVPN. Still unable to click "Install". Same goes for HotSpot Shield. In OpenVPN, can't check the box.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

sodukulhi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Got it to work now. Echo Lock Screen Notification was the app blocking. There's no way to disable screen wake up so had to uninstall. Thanks for the input.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app