[Q] Unable to install or trust any VPN application.

21st June 2014, 11:42 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
More
I've been using Hotspot Shield to access other countries' Play Store since I've bought this phone. After some time of absence from using the VPN, I tried last night, and I'm unable to check the box "I trust this application". It is not greyed out even. So, I uninstalled the app and tried to install it again. Now I can't even install any VPN app ezcpet OpenVPN. I don't have Lux Brightness app or any other app like that installed. The phone is not rooted. Can anyone help me on this matter?

Model: Nexus 5
Android version: 4.4.3
Build number: KTU84M
21st June 2014, 11:59 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 6

86 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sodukulhi

I've been using Hotspot Shield to access other countries' Play Store since I've bought this phone. After some time of absence from using the VPN, I tried last night, and I'm unable to check the box "I trust this application". It is not greyed out even. So, I uninstalled the app and tried to install it again. Now I can't even install any VPN app ezcpet OpenVPN. I don't have Lux Brightness app or any other app like that installed. The phone is not rooted. Can anyone help me on this matter?

Model: Nexus 5
Android version: 4.4.3
Build number: KTU84M

Firstly, Android 4.4.4 has been released with Minor fixes, i recommend you update.
Next, I don't know about OpenVPN but i know in hotspot shield it asks for permissions on startup
and a button to accept.

Download HotSpot Shield , if it shows and works, it's OpenVPN.
22nd June 2014, 05:36 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
More
I've updated it to 4.4.4 and downloaded SuperVPN. Still unable to click "Install". Same goes for HotSpot Shield. In OpenVPN, can't check the box.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
22nd June 2014, 06:24 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
More
Got it to work now. Echo Lock Screen Notification was the app blocking. There's no way to disable screen wake up so had to uninstall. Thanks for the input.

25th September 2014, 03:07 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1

1 posts
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by sodukulhi

Got it to work now. Echo Lock Screen Notification was the app blocking. There's no way to disable screen wake up so had to uninstall. Thanks for the input.

I experienced the same issue when I installed "Pixel Battery Saver." Thanks you two!
The Following User Says Thank You to jpcj75 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread