FORUMS

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

[Q] Unable to install or trust any VPN application.

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By sodukulhi, Junior Member on 21st June 2014, 11:42 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I've been using Hotspot Shield to access other countries' Play Store since I've bought this phone. After some time of absence from using the VPN, I tried last night, and I'm unable to check the box "I trust this application". It is not greyed out even. So, I uninstalled the app and tried to install it again. Now I can't even install any VPN app ezcpet OpenVPN. I don't have Lux Brightness app or any other app like that installed. The phone is not rooted. Can anyone help me on this matter?

Model: Nexus 5
Android version: 4.4.3
Build number: KTU84M
 
 
21st June 2014, 11:59 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sodukulhi

I've been using Hotspot Shield to access other countries' Play Store since I've bought this phone. After some time of absence from using the VPN, I tried last night, and I'm unable to check the box "I trust this application". It is not greyed out even. So, I uninstalled the app and tried to install it again. Now I can't even install any VPN app ezcpet OpenVPN. I don't have Lux Brightness app or any other app like that installed. The phone is not rooted. Can anyone help me on this matter?

Model: Nexus 5
Android version: 4.4.3
Build number: KTU84M

Firstly, Android 4.4.4 has been released with Minor fixes, i recommend you update.
Next, I don't know about OpenVPN but i know in hotspot shield it asks for permissions on startup
and a button to accept.

Download HotSpot Shield , if it shows and works, it's OpenVPN.
22nd June 2014, 05:36 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I've updated it to 4.4.4 and downloaded SuperVPN. Still unable to click "Install". Same goes for HotSpot Shield. In OpenVPN, can't check the box.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
22nd June 2014, 06:24 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Got it to work now. Echo Lock Screen Notification was the app blocking. There's no way to disable screen wake up so had to uninstall. Thanks for the input.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
25th September 2014, 03:07 PM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by sodukulhi

Got it to work now. Echo Lock Screen Notification was the app blocking. There's no way to disable screen wake up so had to uninstall. Thanks for the input.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

I experienced the same issue when I installed "Pixel Battery Saver." Thanks you two!
The Following User Says Thank You to jpcj75 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th February 2015, 01:05 AM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
help please
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcj75

I experienced the same issue when I installed "Pixel Battery Saver." Thanks you two!

How did you find out which app was blocking?

Thanks for the thread.

---------- Post added at 01:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcj75

I experienced the same issue when I installed "Pixel Battery Saver." Thanks you two!

Hi, how did you discover which app was blocking the vpn?
Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to t66love For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes