Unable to mount Data issue

OP maxal

29th April 2014, 05:02 PM   |  #11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Peel, Isle of Man
Thanks Meter: 141

863 posts
More
I would like to add to what Koopa777 said that flashing a factory image was just a tempory fix as I tried this several times, but so far so good the data issue has not re occured since I used the LG Flashtool.
The Following User Says Thank You to maxal For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th April 2014, 06:49 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 244

599 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxal

I would like to add to what Koopa777 said that flashing a factory image was just a tempory fix as I tried this several times, but so far so good the data issue has not re occured since I used the LG Flashtool.

Cool, I'll keep that in mind in case the new one gets it. Could you try something for me though? PA 4.2 BETA 5 always set it off for me. It booted fine, but the recovery was always borked when I rebooted into recovery. If your's survives that, I think that it could definitely be the fix.
29th April 2014, 06:53 PM   |  #13  
OP Senior Member
Flag Peel, Isle of Man
Thanks Meter: 141

863 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa777

Cool, I'll keep that in mind in case the new one gets it. Could you try something for me though? PA 4.2 BETA 5 always set it off for me. It booted fine, but the recovery was always borked when I rebooted into recovery. If your's survives that, I think that it could definitely be the fix.

No problem I will test PA 4.2 beta tomorrow for you.
30th April 2014, 07:19 AM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 397

655 posts
I had the same problem on an installation of a kernel that didn't boot atop a CM rom. When it bootlooped, I went into recovery and found the infamous could not mount /data. I tried rootSU's recommendation about wiping cache several times and flashing a cache.img but it didn't work for me. I was about to do the whole factory stock image thing (and thus wipe my sdcard) when out of desperation to avoid that, I tried something that surprisingly succeeded. The following steps are for a newbie but presupposes a working knowledge of how to use adb and fastboot commands.
1. Download and copy a known stable ROM's zip file into your SDK's platform-tools, renaming it ROM.zip
2. Boot you phone into (TWRP 2.7.0.0) recovery
2. Choose ADB sideload in Advanced
3. From your computer's DOS prompt in the SDK platform-tools directory, type adb sideload ROM.zip
When it's done sideloading, it will flash
4. Choose reboot system
It will boot and get a series of FC's of android process and dialer
5. Hard reset into bootloader (hold down the power button until screen goes off (in like 7 secs) immediately hit vol-down) and choose recovery
Voila! Rebooted into recovery for me with data mounted as normal. No need to flash factory images!

Hope this helps and good luck!
Last edited by reaper000; 30th April 2014 at 07:23 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread