XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] unbrick and install recovery rom on nexus 5

Tip us?

asuskiller
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] unbrick and install recovery rom on nexus 5

hey so i had rooted my n5 using nexus root toolkit and then was trying to install cataclysm but it dint work. then i decided to unroot,(there was an option to unroot on the toolkit). now i guess my recovery rom /(twrp) has been corrupt or deleted somehow and i gues thats the reason why my n5 is now in botloop. please somebosy reply asap and help me out, thanks in advance

Ossante
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Unbrick nexus 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by asuskiller View Post
hey so i had rooted my n5 using nexus root toolkit and then was trying to install cataclysm but it dint work. then i decided to unroot,(there was an option to unroot on the toolkit). now i guess my recovery rom /(twrp) has been corrupt or deleted somehow and i gues thats the reason why my n5 is now in botloop. please somebosy reply asap and help me out, thanks in advance
Same problem, as far as i know, i went to see the geeks and at the end, after several forwards, the last one told me to send the phone on guarantee back to google.
In his own words, that happen to the nexus 5, after flash it, doesn't reconize the usb/sd anymore, so the flash process can't be done, i will try to attach a OTG usb, and see whats happend.

shimp208
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1323

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by asuskiller View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ossante View Post
Same problem, as far as i know, i went to see the geeks and at the end, after several forwards, the last one told me to send the phone on guarantee back to google.
In his own words, that happen to the nexus 5, after flash it, doesn't reconize the usb/sd anymore, so the flash process can't be done, i will try to attach a OTG usb, and see whats happend.
Are either of you able to get into the bootloader on your device and access fastboot mode? If you can still access fastboot mode then you can flash the latest Nexus 5 Factory Image (Which will restore your device to factory out-of-the-box condition) to restore your device. Let me know if you still have any questions about the process or otherwise I'll be happy to help.

phylandroz
Old
Thanks Meter 3
try reinstalling the cwm/twpm. wipe the device completely. and put new rom