Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,901 Members 52,220 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can i unlock bootloader on any nexus5 ?

Tip us?

KiaTheKing
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 94

DONATE TO ME
Default Can i unlock bootloader on any nexus5 ?

Can i unlock bootloader on any nexus5 ? Is there something i need to know before buying this device? Thanks in advice!

gee2012
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiaTheKing View Post
Can i unlock bootloader on any nexus5 ? Is there something i need to know before buying this device? Thanks in advice!
Yes, unlocking and locking the bootloader if needed is a piece of cake and takes less then a minute. Read the first 5 threads in the General section well and you`ll be fine
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue
The Following User Says Thank You to gee2012 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,550
If you couldn't unlock the bootloader...... You wouldn't have a nexus in your hand.

Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, G Tab 3 or S2.....
Sent from my new HTC One M8, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life? Any device welcome, even tho its an N5 thread. Please specify if on a device other than N5. Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

Asheque
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Default hmmm

Pretty sure there is a bigggggggggggggg assss post dedicated for unlocking bootloader. One for experienced user and one for dummies. If you still can't follow that, you should not unlock the boot loader. Instead buy a N5 and pick a hard object of your liking. I personally recommend a baseball bat. Then toss your N5 in the air and go weeeeeeeeee "Bammmmm" After that you have successfully 100% unlocked N5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiaTheKing View Post