Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,458 Members 48,026 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Is towelroot safe to use ??
Yes 2 50.00%
No 0 0%
I don't know 1 25.00%
I don't Care 1 25.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

[Q] Unrooting Towelroot on Nexus 5

Tip us?

Avitheidiot
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Unrooting Towelroot on Nexus 5

Hi,
I am not new to rooting and have rooted my nexus 5 twice before using CF Auto root. However I unrooted it with the Wugfresh toolkit so now my bootloader is locked without any sign of tampering or ever having been rooted. I recently rooted my for a third time using towelroot. But i started experiencing some issues and am now unable to unroot it. Pls help me. NOTE: My Bootloader is LOCKED.

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 11,377
Use the setting to unroot in superSU.

Whatever your problem is, it isn't root causing it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

**Sticky Roll-up: All Guides snd Info Threads linked here**

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Avitheidiot
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
Use the setting to unroot in superSU.

Whatever your problem is, it isn't root causing it.

The Bank app still refuses to Install. Also I want to remove all signs of tampering due to warranty issues.

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avitheidiot View Post
The Bank app still refuses to Install. Also I want to remove all signs of tampering due to warranty issues.
Believe me you're new to rooting if all you've ever used was told kits. If you want to warranty your device unlock the bootloader then flash the factory image. Flash the tamper zip and then re-lock and it'll be like new

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to jd1639 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 11,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639 View Post
Believe me you're new to rooting if all you've ever used was told kits. If you want to warranty your device unlock the bootloader then flash the factory image. Flash the tamper zip and then re-lock and it'll be like new

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
You can reset the tamper flag with bootunlocker from the play store. Then just unroot using SuperSU. Towelroot doesn't put any unknown components on there. If it was stock before, it will be stock afterwards.

Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

**Sticky Roll-up: All Guides snd Info Threads linked here**

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Avitheidiot
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
You can reset the tamper flag with bootunlocker from the play store. Then just unroot using SuperSU. Towelroot doesn't put any unknown components on there. If it was stock before, it will be stock afterwards.

Today my phone suddenly started vibrating. The screen went off and it vibrated till reboot. Is this normal ??