Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,322 Members 50,785 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Update OTA crashed my root

Tip us?

killhaug
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Update OTA crashed my root

Yesterday I managed to press install on the newest update, 4.4.4 on my Nexus 5. It was rooted and still is, but by installing this OTA it somehow made it crash. Now that I try to get into recovery mode I just get the android which is dead with an ! on it. It was rooted with Xposed and TWRP.
What do I do? Im on a Mac

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 9755
OTA removed root replaces recovery. I'm amazed it managed to replace recovery whilst Xposed was installed. Anyway, seems like it did.
You must fastboot flash a custom recovery

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

killhaug
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
OTA removed root replaces recovery. I'm amazed it managed to replace recovery whilst Xposed was installed. Anyway, seems like it did.
You must fastboot flash a custom recovery

I feel embarrassed to ask, but how do I do that on my Mac? When I rooted it I did it on my PC at home, now Im traveling with my Mac for work..
Thanks!

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 9755
Quote:
Originally Posted by killhaug View Post
I feel embarrassed to ask, but how do I do that on my Mac? When I rooted it I did it on my PC at home, now Im traveling with my Mac for work..
Thanks!
The same really. Install fastboot and use the "fastboot flash recovery /pathto/your/recovery.img" command

Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

killhaug
Old
(Last edited by killhaug; 25th June 2014 at 09:16 AM.) Reason: Solved the problem
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
The same really. Install fastboot and use the "fastboot flash recovery /pathto/your/recovery.img" command

I did this and now Im stuck in a TWRP loop, wont get into the system. I dont know what to do now, any inputs?

EDIT: Solved it. Thanks!