I updated manually, now I will get OTA normally?

OP nevo2011

29th June 2014, 01:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

25 posts
I had rooted my nexus last week and, after I rooted my nexus,
I get a message from my system to update from 4.4.3 to ----> 4.4.4.
so I press install, and he started to install, after 25~ seconds, my nexus said: "error". (because of the root...)

because of this I decided to updated manually through: "toolkit" and the root will be gone.

I download the 4.4.4 from google's website: https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images, and "toolkit" updated my nexus to 4.4.4 and the root gone.

now when I will get a message to update system I will be able to install normally?
29th June 2014, 01:58 PM   |  #2  
Colorado Springs
Thanks Meter: 164

427 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevo2011

I had rooted my nexus last week and, after I rooted my nexus,
I get a message from my system to update from 4.4.3 to ----> 4.4.4.
so I press install, and he started to install, after 25~ seconds, my nexus said: "error". (because of the root...)

because of this I decided to updated manually through: "toolkit" and the root will be gone.

I download the 4.4.4 from google's website: https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images, and "toolkit" updated my nexus to 4.4.4 and the root gone.

now when I will get a message to update system I will be able to install normally?

Yes, you should be fine! What was your error? I'm rooted, custom kernel and recovery and the OTA installed with no problem.
29th June 2014, 02:04 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

25 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wantabe

Yes, you should be fine! What was your error? I'm rooted, custom kernel and recovery and the OTA installed with no problem.

I don't know what is the error...
my nexus show me a picture of androud that his belly open and under that wrote: "error"......

after I updated to 4.4.4 I did not chenged any kernal or rom..., I did not thouch any thing....
so you telling me that: when I will get the new update I will install the new update without any problems?
29th June 2014, 02:07 PM   |  #4  
Colorado Springs

427 posts
More
Quote:

I don't know what is the error...
my nexus show me a picture of androud that his belly open and under that wrote: "error"......

after I updated to 4.4.4 I did not chenged any kernal or rom..., I did not thouch any thing....
so you telling me that: when I will get the new update I will install the new update without any problems?

You should be good to go! ; )
29th June 2014, 02:08 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

25 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wantabe

You should be good to go! ; )

I hope
do you know when we will get the L updates?
29th June 2014, 02:11 PM   |  #6  
Colorado Springs

427 posts
More
Quote:

I hope
do you know when we will get the L updates?

You said previously that you flashed the factory image. If that is the case you have nothing to worry about.

As far as the L update I heard this fall!
29th June 2014, 04:09 PM   |  #7  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag The boonies - southwest Ontario
Thanks Meter: 4,245

10,696 posts
More
Just root and enjoy the phone. L official release is months off....you can flash stock then in minutes and take the OTA, or flash it through fastboot when the time comes and forget about the OTA.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread