XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] updating to 4.4.1

Tip us?

envizion58
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Default [Q] updating to 4.4.1

my previous phone was a locked one. to take ota updates i would have to revert back to a stock backup to take the ota. with n5, is this still necessary? can i simply flash a 4.4.1 rom like the updated cataclysm to get up to date since it includes the 4.4.1 kernel too? or am i missing other necessary files from the official ota?

Chromium
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4798

DONATE TO ME
Well yea. If you flash a rom based on 4.4.1 you should have all of the official changes merged into the rom.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromium For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

0dBu
Old
Thanks Meter 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromium_ View Post
Well yea. If you flash a rom based on 4.4.1 you should have all of the official changes merged into the rom.
Except for the new bootloader and radio. I would go back to stock, flash the update, and then flash a ROM. Then you'll be all 4.4.1.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to 0dBu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

envizion58
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0dBu View Post
Except for the new bootloader and radio. I would go back to stock, flash the update, and then flash a ROM. Then you'll be all 4.4.1.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
alright i will go that route then. thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to envizion58 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

meethere
Old
Thanks Meter 103
what to do if I am using stock rom, rooter, with custom recovery and franco kernel??
best method to update to 4.4.1 without losing date?
Get exposure, submit your biz to business web directory
India's Best Online Deals

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 7486
Quote:
Originally Posted by meethere View Post
what to do if I am using stock rom, rooter, with custom recovery and franco kernel??
best method to update to 4.4.1 without losing date?
Read ota helpdesk sticky thread in general

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit
Always read the OP's of a thread and the last 2 pages before asking questions, unless there has been an update - in which case, read the last 5 pages!

nexus 5 | SlimKat | ElementalX kernel | Philz Touch Recovery

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]