Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,969 Members 38,156 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Upgrade from cyanogenmod m8 to m9 on nexus 5 (solved)

Tip us?

matt9878
Old
(Last edited by matt9878; 19th August 2014 at 11:00 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Upgrade from cyanogenmod m8 to m9 on nexus 5 (solved)

I am very new to rooting and installed cyanogenmod via their installer. I already have m8 installed on my nexus 5 and want to install the newest stable release which is m9. Do I just go to recovery and install the zip for m9? Also I am wondering if i did that would I lose my data....... Thanks

Lethargy
Old
Thanks Meter 1,610
Yes and no.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyphur
You ask us to understand your position. Well if you want to benefit from our experience and time then I think it is only fair that you understand our position.
I actively add ignorant people to my ignore list.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lethargy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zephiK
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4,729

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt9878 View Post
I am very new to rooting and installed cyanogenmod via their installer. I already have m8 installed on my nexus 5 and want to install the newest stable release which is m9. Do I just go to recovery and install the zip for m9? Also I am wondering if i did that would I lose my data....... Thanks
Just go into recovery and flash M9 as well as your custom kernel (if you used one).
And no you would not lose your data.
Follow me on Twitter! | Scrolling Mods for Various OPO Roms

OnePlus One: Mahdi | Franco Kernel
Older devices: Nexus 5, Nexus 4, Galaxy Nexus, TF101, Nexus S, Samsung Vibrant, G1

The Following User Says Thank You to zephiK For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

matt9878
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
this is my first time using xda so although it may sound like a obvious question after I get a good answer to my question do I delete the thread or.....

swat4samp
Old
Thanks Meter 484
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt9878 View Post
this is my first time using xda so although it may sound like a obvious question after I get a good answer to my question do I delete the thread or.....
Just ignore it or else you can edit your OP's title by adding solved. That way, its helpful for others who search for the same thing
The Following User Says Thank You to swat4samp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

matt9878
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by swat4samp View Post
Just ignore it or else you can edit your OP's title by adding solved. That way, its helpful for others who search for the same thing
thanks