5,599,033 Members 32,048 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]-Upgrading from N4:LG G2-N5?

Tip us?

zevim2005
Old
(Last edited by zevim2005; 9th December 2013 at 04:25 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 64
Default [Q]-Upgrading from N4:LG G2-N5?

Im upgrading from a nexus 4,and i dont know wich one to choose nexus 5 or LG G2???

My biggest problems with the N4 was the battery and then the speaker,but i just love the pure stock android so my questions is:

-Buy the Lg G2 and then flash Cyanogen or another AOSP,and no worries with battery but it will be not smooth as the nexus 5.
-Buy the nexus 5 and enjoy the smoothness and the vanilla android,and prey to the battery perform better then the nexus 4.

I hate have a smartphone that i need to be worry every time with the battery=google now off,gps off etc...

Please help me guys

shotta35
Old
Thanks Meter 449
G2 should work great but the N5 for me is much longer battery life. If anything just buy the N5 and test it then do the G2 if you aren't satisfied.
The Following User Says Thank You to shotta35 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zevim2005
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotta35 View Post
G2 should work great but the N5 for me is much longer battery life. If anything just buy the N5 and test it then do the G2 if you aren't satisfied.
the N5 has more battery life then the G2 for you???

Thanks

dijonemon
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Having had the N5 for a few weeks, I can say the battery life is better than the N4. It started off a bit shaky, but after a few days it has really settled in nicely and I'm now getting through full days without issue. Switching from dalvik to ART seems to have had quite a big effect - though if you can do that will rely on the apps you use working nicely with it (i.e; WhatsApp)

LG Nexus 5 - Stock KK 4.4.2 (Root & Xposed)
Asus Nexus 7 (2012) - Stock KK 4.4.2 (Root)
Asus Nexus 7 (2013) - Stock KK 4.4.2

zevim2005
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by dijonemon View Post
Having had the N5 for a few weeks, I can say the battery life is better than the N4. It started off a bit shaky, but after a few days it has really settled in nicely and I'm now getting through full days without issue. Switching from dalvik to ART seems to have had quite a big effect - though if you can do that will rely on the apps you use working nicely with it (i.e; WhatsApp)
How much SOT are you getting?

dicecuber
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 51
Don't bother

Sent from **Nexus 5 sucks**

zevim2005
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicecuber View Post
Don't bother

Sent from **Nexus 5 sucks**

????

shotta35
Old
Thanks Meter 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by zevim2005 View Post
the N5 has more battery life then the G2 for you???

Thanks
I meant regarding the Nexus 4. Sorry if that was unclear.

jwhyte
Old
Thanks Meter 275
The biggest reason to buy a nexus you already know fast updates and development. The g2 will give you a bigger battery, screen and a better camera but without the unlocked bootloader. I love my nexus 5 unplug when the little one is up around midnight my battery is about 40% when I plug it in around ten pm with about 20+ hours and sot of 2.5-3hrs.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

dijonemon
Old
(Last edited by dijonemon; 10th December 2013 at 12:07 PM.)
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by zevim2005 View Post
How much SOT are you getting?
I usually get about 2 1/2 hrs, and put it back on the charger with around 35% left. Bear in mind that is mostly interacting with the screen. Have had 5hrs+ with just watching videos but not using the touchscreen much. I don't use mobile data often as I'm on wifi all day & never use LTE. I live in a poor signal area.

As with anything your margin may vary, depending on how you use the phone. By contrast I got rarely more than 2 hours with the N4.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

LG Nexus 5 - Stock KK 4.4.2 (Root & Xposed)
Asus Nexus 7 (2012) - Stock KK 4.4.2 (Root)
Asus Nexus 7 (2013) - Stock KK 4.4.2

The Following User Says Thank You to dijonemon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]