Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,964 Members 52,040 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

usb connection problem with my nexus 5

Tip us?

Big tree
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Phone usb connection problem with my nexus 5

I have a windows 8 laptop and whenever i connect the nexus 5,( with the connection type set to MTP), it connects but does not show up in the computer. neither do in the Device manager list in the control panel. I have to transfer media files which iam unable to and its eating ma mind.I have searched many sites but to avail. Pls help me .(fast)
THanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to Big tree For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zacharyt86
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Mine does the same thing now and I have Windows 8, If you go into device manager it now shows as a general Acer device and not a Nexus 5, if you click on properties and then driver you can see it was updated on the 17th, so the driver was updated and it broke connectivity. You can chose roll back driver and it'll show back up as a Nexus 5, but after a few minutes it re auto-updates the driver and it stops working again.

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

By the way there is already a thread started about this issue here http://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...opped-t2853382

Big tree
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
no actually in device manager it shows as acer device and in devices and printers it is Nexus 5. ahh im agitated.

gregbradley
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 3,956
Please use Q&A for all enquiries and questions in the future, You will receive help a lot faster.

Thread moved

How to get root on Xperia Z1 with KitKat 4.4.2, 4.4.3 & 4.4.4

If you are unsure, then read this.
If you are still unsure, watch this.

My contributions.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. Sir Isaac Newton

[X10] | [NEO] | [Xperia T/TX] |
[Xperia Z1]
You are free to share my work, but please provide the correct credits and a link to my original thread.