usb connection problem with my nexus 5

20th August 2014, 07:39 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

6 posts
I have a windows 8 laptop and whenever i connect the nexus 5,( with the connection type set to MTP), it connects but does not show up in the computer. neither do in the Device manager list in the control panel. I have to transfer media files which iam unable to and its eating ma mind.I have searched many sites but to avail. Pls help me .(fast)
THanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to Big tree For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th August 2014, 07:54 PM   |  #2  
Flag Decatur, IL
Thanks Meter: 28

90 posts
More
Mine does the same thing now and I have Windows 8, If you go into device manager it now shows as a general Acer device and not a Nexus 5, if you click on properties and then driver you can see it was updated on the 17th, so the driver was updated and it broke connectivity. You can chose roll back driver and it'll show back up as a Nexus 5, but after a few minutes it re auto-updates the driver and it stops working again.

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

By the way there is already a thread started about this issue here http://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...opped-t2853382
20th August 2014, 07:57 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

6 posts
no actually in device manager it shows as acer device and in devices and printers it is Nexus 5. ahh im agitated.
20th August 2014, 08:19 PM   |  #4  
Forum Moderator
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 4,026

9,424 posts
More
Please use Q&A for all enquiries and questions in the future, You will receive help a lot faster.

Thread moved
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread