Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

usb port warranty return with broken screen

OP jgr208

25th August 2014, 02:38 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

77 posts
Hi,

So my usb port stopped charging and getting really hot so i called about the warranty and they said it is covered and that I may return the phone. However about 4 months about the phone was dropped and the screen cracked. now i am worried that if i send it in for a replacement phone they may charge me due to the cracked screen that never had anything to do with the usb charging port not working. anyone ever had an experience with this or advice?
25th August 2014, 02:45 AM   |  #2  
Flag Chicagoland
Thanks Meter: 2,437

5,796 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgr208

Hi,

So my usb port stopped charging and getting really hot so i called about the warranty and they said it is covered and that I may return the phone. However about 4 months about the phone was dropped and the screen cracked. now i am worried that if i send it in for a replacement phone they may charge me due to the cracked screen that never had anything to do with the usb charging port not working. anyone ever had an experience with this or advice?

You should call them and ask. I'd imagine they won't replace it and call it physical damage.
25th August 2014, 02:50 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

77 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by _MetalHead_

You should call them and ask. I'd imagine they won't replace it and call it physical damage.

That would make sense. Well i guess I can see how much of a pia wireless charging is as the only charging method to use. Since that still works. Still though would suck if they call that physical damage since one had nothing to do with the other.
25th August 2014, 02:56 AM   |  #4  
Flag Chicagoland
Thanks Meter: 2,437

5,796 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgr208

That would make sense. Well i guess I can see how much of a pia wireless charging is as the only charging method to use. Since that still works. Still though would suck if they call that physical damage since one had nothing to do with the other.

Well, give them a call and ask them. They would know better than anyone here.
The Following User Says Thank You to _MetalHead_ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th August 2014, 05:47 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 123

256 posts
More
The connectors on the n5 (usb and headphone) are fairly easy to change
26th August 2014, 12:51 AM   |  #6  
OP Member

77 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by _MetalHead_

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLEEZEFRAGME

The connectors on the n5 (usb and headphone) are fairly easy to change

I have heard that. However, now my phone keeps dropping calls when they are on LTE, never happened before. Could the usb cord have damaged this too? Since I tried to plug it in one more time to test it out and when i took the usb cord out i burned my thumb. So I had to out of need due to no other phone to use since no home phone get a moto g and wait to see if a new nexus comes out soon and if not just get another n5
26th August 2014, 05:21 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 9

94 posts
I think they can wrap everything around the fact that there is physical damage on the phone.

You could always say that it was perfect when you sent it and maybe the postal carrier messed it up.
26th August 2014, 05:45 PM   |  #8  
OP Member

77 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhadudkenx

I think they can wrap everything around the fact that there is physical damage on the phone.

You could always say that it was perfect when you sent it and maybe the postal carrier messed it up.

Haha I know they will do that. One of the facts I have learned this year from being an adult is any company will try to get your buck any way no matter what. Still trying to get $20 back another company stole from me.
26th August 2014, 05:49 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 9

94 posts
Its called liability. No single employee feels they owe you anything. The "company" knows nothing about you or even cares. If you want your money back you need to attack the company and not an employee who just works there. Even the CEO of the company is just an employee. The company is just a machine. Stick a grenade in its gears and you'll get your money as well as your screen fixed.
26th August 2014, 06:38 PM   |  #10  
OP Member

77 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhadudkenx

Its called liability. No single employee feels they owe you anything. The "company" knows nothing about you or even cares. If you want your money back you need to attack the company and not an employee who just works there. Even the CEO of the company is just an employee. The company is just a machine. Stick a grenade in its gears and you'll get your money as well as your screen fixed.

Whoa I never attacked any employee. The employees are just there to help. Most of the time they are pretty helpful. I wasn't even talking about Google for the $20 or about my phone. Nor will I name the company since I don't want to start a flame war.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
nexus 5, return, warranty
Previous Thread Next Thread