Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Does a usb powered battery "last less"?

OP javiwankenobi

21st May 2014, 07:17 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

25 posts
I bought myself one of those portable batteries to charge my phone and tablet on the go. It always seems like when I charge my Nexus 5 from the wall charger the battery lasts longer than when I do it from my car usb, or the portable battery itself. I could get 90% from the wall charger and get to 90% from the portable battery and the latter seems to drain faster. Am I just am I imagining things?
21st May 2014, 10:42 AM   |  #2  
Flag Cullompton
Thanks Meter: 101

274 posts
More
The problem with using a battery pack is that you are filling up with poor quality electricity. If you charge from the wall you know exactly where it has come from, kind of like fair trade organic apples

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to pepdavies For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st May 2014, 10:45 AM   |  #3  
Flag Göd
Thanks Meter: 708

1,140 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by javiwankenobi

I bought myself one of those portable batteries to charge my phone and tablet on the go. It always seems like when I charge my Nexus 5 from the wall charger the battery lasts longer than when I do it from my car usb, or the portable battery itself. I could get 90% from the wall charger and get to 90% from the portable battery and the latter seems to drain faster. Am I just am I imagining things?

You are just imagining.

Tapatalk-kal küldve az én Nexus 5-el
21st May 2014, 11:55 AM   |  #4  
Flag Cambridge
Thanks Meter: 236

739 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by javiwankenobi

is it possible that when you top up when out and about, you are more likely to be using your device a bit heavier (more screen-on or active time), while wall charger implies charging at home therefore implies using device a bit less?

Edit/OT: ooo this was post 666 for me!
The Following User Says Thank You to chaosdefinesorder For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st May 2014, 12:06 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1,238

1,988 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepdavies

The problem with using a battery pack is that you are filling up with poor quality electricity. If you charge from the wall you know exactly where it has come from, kind of like fair trade organic apples

You Sir, are a science genius !!

The Following User Says Thank You to rayiskon For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st May 2014, 12:07 PM   |  #6  
Flag Benghazi
Thanks Meter: 226

404 posts
Donate to Me
More
Happened to me and solved by Galaxy S4 charger
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread