Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,554 Members 36,094 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

No USB support in TWRP recovery - win7

Tip us?

Lior84
Old
(Last edited by Lior84; 19th June 2014 at 10:02 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default No USB support in TWRP recovery - win7

Few months ago, I had a USB support in twrp recovery and could copy files to the phone while it was in twrp recovery.
Now I can't do this. Tried every driver that was mentioned but still can't get USB support to work. In twrp I open mount and storage and then USB mount and then internal memory but windows doesn't open anything or react somehow to this.
I want to update my stock rooted 4.4.2 to 4.4.3 from scratch (wipe everything including sdcard) but then I won't be able to copy 4.4.3 update to the phone because I can't get the USB support to work in recovery mode.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda premium

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 10,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lior84 View Post
Few months ago, I had a USB support in twrp recovery and could copy files to the phone while it was in twrp recovery.
Now I can't do this. Tried every driver that was mentioned but still can't get USB support to work. In twrp I open mount and storage and then USB mount and then internal memory but windows doesn't open anything or react somehow to this.
I want to update my stock rooted 4.4.2 to 4.4.3 from scratch (wipe everything including sdcard) but then I won't be able to copy 4.4.3 update to the phone because I can't get the USB support to work in recovery mode.

Are you sure that was the method to do it? I thought USB mount was only for devices that didn't use MTP? I thought adb push was the only way in all our recoveries
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

Lior84
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Yes, I am sure that USB support worked for me before.

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 10,771
Quote:
Yes, I am sure that USB support worked for me before.

OK I cant help then. Never heard of it working on this device. Sorry.
#
Please edit your title of your thread from "custom recovery" to "TWRP Recovery". Maybe then someone familiar with TWRP can help.
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

bitdomo
Old
Thanks Meter 645
Quote:

Hi,

You mix up something. Twrp never had usb mass storage support for nexus 5. The only way to copy files to the phone when it is in recovery is to use adb push command. The other thing there is no option in the mount and storsge for "usb mount". I have been using twrp since 2.6.3.2 and there were no option for "usb mount" you are talking about.

1: I have to ask, do you really have nexus 5?
2: Do you really have twrp?
3: If you have twrp what version you have?
4: Do you want to flash the 4.4.3 rom from google's developer site? If that so, then you are totally on the wrong path. To flash rom from google's site you have use fastboot.

Answer my questions please to understand the situation are you in.

Tapatalk-kal küldve az én Nexus 5-el