How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Using Nexus 5 with tablet (data-only) sim (on T-Mobile)

OP meadowsjared

9th October 2014, 04:45 PM   |  #11  
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 13,835

25,017 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggiestuff

Anyone try this lately to see if it works?

Not sure what part you're referring to but discussion of IMEI changing is banned.
9th October 2014, 04:48 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 199

1,026 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

Not sure what part you're referring to but discussion of IMEI changing is banned.

Referring to trying a t-mobile tablet sim on an N5.
9th October 2014, 04:55 PM   |  #13  

25,017 posts
More
Quote:

Referring to trying a t-mobile tablet sim on an N5.

Well, a T-mobile tablet only sim doesn't work in a phone. They're not going to suddenly "allow" it.
9th October 2014, 05:40 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 199

1,026 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

Well, a T-mobile tablet only sim doesn't work in a phone. They're not going to suddenly "allow" it.

Just wanted an update on if anyone's tried it lately. things change. ya never know.
9th October 2014, 06:19 PM   |  #15  

25,017 posts
More
Quote:

Just wanted an update on if anyones tried it lately. things change. ya never know.

True you never know, but you have to admit its pretty unlikely
23rd October 2014, 07:11 PM   |  #16  
Flag las vegas
Thanks Meter: 5

43 posts
Donate to Me
More
I was also duped by a tmobile sales person. Telling me a data only sim card will work on a phone. Alot of hassle and back and forth with customer support, and advanced tech support, i found that it cant work. not sure why tmobile doesnt allow this. I only wanted data on my note 3 that i gave to my kids after i got a one plus one. I have not tried putting the sim card inside a tablet to activate it then putting back in mine. Kinda erks me that tmobile reps are not properly trained and that i cant just pop the data only sim into a phone

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------

So, here is what i just tried. I popped the data only sim card into my one plus one and it works fine. im going to try and put it back into the note 3 now
24th October 2014, 08:17 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 14

31 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tansuperman

I was also duped by a tmobile sales person. Telling me a data only sim card will work on a phone. Alot of hassle and back and forth with customer support, and advanced tech support, i found that it cant work. not sure why tmobile doesnt allow this. I only wanted data on my note 3 that i gave to my kids after i got a one plus one. I have not tried putting the sim card inside a tablet to activate it then putting back in mine. Kinda erks me that tmobile reps are not properly trained and that i cant just pop the data only sim into a phone

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------

So, here is what i just tried. I popped the data only sim card into my one plus one and it works fine. im going to try and put it back into the note 3 now

Thanks so much for posting this. I'm really anxious to see if this works out for you. I'd like to use a data only sim in the new Note 4.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, data, nexus 5, sim, t-mobile
Previous Thread Next Thread