Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,208 Members 37,834 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

anyone using Textra (SMS app) on T-Mobile? is your MMS saving correctly?

Tip us?

tracerit
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Default anyone using Textra (SMS app) on T-Mobile? is your MMS saving correctly?

I'm using Textra in place of Hangouts and it's so much faster and allows you to assign custom color status bar notifications for contacts which is cool because other apps only allow sound.

Anyways, it has a feature where you can auto save MMS received (not taken/sent though). The problem is that the MMS when saved isn't always saved correctly. 50-70% of the time it will save the file but without the .jpg extension so it won't show correctly in image viewing apps until you manually add .jpg to it.

I've alreayd emailed the dev and he responded but I haven't heard of this issue anywhere else :/ Just wanted to know if anyone else has this problem.

AndroidKills
Old
Thanks Meter 70
Hmm I've had this similar problem too (Tmobile also). I just uninstalled and reinstalled the app and it started to work again,
Mytouch3g / LG G2x / Nexus 7 - 2012~ Purity / Nexus 4 16g~AOSPA 4.4
Nexus 7 - 2013 ~Purity, Rooted
Black Nexus 5 32g ~Purity, Rooted
The Following User Says Thank You to AndroidKills For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tracerit
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidKills View Post
Hmm I've had this similar problem too (Tmobile also). I just uninstalled and reinstalled the app and it started to work again,
i swore i did the same (but cleared data) and it worked a bit but then didn't work again.

has it worked 100% for you since then?

i've noticed most of the fiels that aren't saved correctly are 450-499KB file size. Anything bigger or smaller would 100% be saved alright.

AndroidKills
Old
Thanks Meter 70
Yeah it's been working fine for me ever since, all files are saved correctly.
Mytouch3g / LG G2x / Nexus 7 - 2012~ Purity / Nexus 4 16g~AOSPA 4.4
Nexus 7 - 2013 ~Purity, Rooted
Black Nexus 5 32g ~Purity, Rooted
The Following User Says Thank You to AndroidKills For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tracerit
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
i installed Cyanogenmod and Textra works fine. My primary ROM is SlimKat so i'll try to do a clean install of SlimKat before I rule it out as a possible ROM related issue.