XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Viper4Android Driver Processing

Tip us?

TheAtheistOtaku
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 284
Default Viper4Android Driver Processing

so i love the viper audio mod. but in the driver status windows, it says the driver isnt processing the audio, which of course means viper isnt in effect. There were a few people who have said they have gotten it to work on our phone, but they havent stated how. So does anyone know how to get viper to kick into effect

marleyfan61
Old
Thanks Meter 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAtheistOtaku View Post
so i love the viper audio mod. but in the driver status windows, it says the driver isnt processing the audio, which of course means viper isnt in effect. There were a few people who have said they have gotten it to work on our phone, but they havent stated how. So does anyone know how to get viper to kick into effect
Did you check "enable" from within the app? Also, what player are you using. I couldn't get it to work with PowerAmp but it seems to work fine with the stock music player.
Phone: Nexus 5
ROM: Stock 4.4.2 (Rooted)
Recovery: TWRP
Kernel: franco r32
Headpones: Beyerdynamic Tesla DT-1350, Sennheiser CX 880i

TheAtheistOtaku
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by marleyfan61 View Post
Did you check "enable" from within the app? Also, what player are you using. I couldn't get it to work with PowerAmp but it seems to work fine with the stock music player.
yes i did, and you need to turn off direct volume control in poweramp in order for viper to take effect for it. i use poweramp, but what player im using doesnt matter if the audio driver isnt processing the audio in the first place. I use viper mostly for the phone speaker

Shamus69
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAtheistOtaku View Post
Initially I could only get Viper to work in compatible mode, which is not what I wanted. In normal mode it wasn't processing like you said. I fixed it by converting viper to a system app with titanium backup. After rebooting it would work in normal mode.

I guess the driver wasn't loading when it needed to in the early part of the boot up process as it was installed as a user app, not a system app.

Hope this helps!
Google Nexus 5 32GB Black | ROM: Stock 4.4.2, Rooted | KERNEL: Franco r37 | RECOVERY: Philz Touch 6.23.7 | Xposed with GravityBox.
Samsung Galaxy S3 | ROM: Temasek's UNOFFICIAL CM11 4.4.2 (KitKat) Build - V46 | KERNEL: Yank | RECOVERY: Philz Touch 6.00.8 (CWM based).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shamus69 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]