No registration required

[Q] Voice+ and Hangouts Double Messages Switching Between Data and WiFi

OP resident0915

16th April 2014, 09:43 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Hi Everyone,

I hope someone could point me in the right direction or has experienced this and solved it. I did a search but couldn't find a similar issue.

First, I've experienced this issue on DroidKang, one other ROM which I'm forgetting at the moment, and now SOKP. The Google Voice app is configured to receive messages via the messaging app (Hangouts) and Voice+ is activated (it routes all outgoing SMS/MMS messages using your Google Voice number no matter the messaging app).

- Like the title of the thread, when I switch between WiFi and Data connections, a whole stream of Hangouts SMS messages comes in that I had already received before switching over.

- If I continue that Hangouts SMS conversation for a bit and then switch back, all of those messages from the continued Hangouts SMS conversation will again stream back in.

- I end up having two entries in the Hangouts conversations list, one from the correctly named person, the other from a random number but the SMS text is prefaced by their actual name.

I really like the ability to use Hangouts for SMS but require to use my Google Voice number in order to do so.

I'm not being too hopeful but maybe someone else has experienced this?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread