No registration required

[Q] Voice Typing Not Working in Chrome

OP xnickfx

9th February 2014, 07:53 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 99

64 posts
More
Recently I replaced all of my Google apps with inverted ones, if you don't know what inverted apps are, they're basically apps that are dark themed, for example where black replaces white and white replaces black.

Anyway, the voice typing, or voice-to-text is working everywhere in my phone such as the Google Now search box on my home screen, AOSP Messaging, Hangouts, basically everywhere... but isn't working at all in Chrome.

Well actually, its kind of working. Take a look at these screenshots to see what I'm talking about...

Here you can see its picking up my voice just fine...

...and here you can see it is successfully processing my voice just like it does in any other app...

Then here is where it simply stops working and doesn't input the text from my voice into the Google Chrome address bar.

Here is where you can clearly see it is working, or trying to anyway. In this screenshot I said some jibberish and of course it couldn't understand it so it returned this message. So as you can see its working perfectly like it is in every other app except in Chrome it just won't input the words that it hears.

I don't understand, and the only thing I can think of that being different than other apps where its working perfectly is that in Chrome the mic isn't on the keyboard, its on the address bar.

Does anyone know of a fix or what's going on or have any answers? If not, can someone help troubleshoot this with me that might have a better idea of what's going on than I do?

I have searched all over the internet and couldn't find anything helpful. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks a lot!
Last edited by xnickfx; 11th February 2014 at 03:17 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
chrome, not working, typing, voice, voice-to-text
Previous Thread Next Thread