FORUMS

OnePlus Addresses Reservation List Cheating

Jake Cooper figured out how to bump his place up on OnePlus’ reservation list and … more

OnePlus 2 Benchmark Scores Show Its Muscle

This video by FoneArena contains all the popular benchmarks being tested on the OnePlus 2, … more

Sony’s Emergence in The Middle: Is The Price Right?

Sony’s Electronics Division is not in its best days, and its smartphone … more

HTC Delivering Ads Straight to Sense Home

HTC’s 2015 has been a year marked by a desperate search for revenue.The HTC One M9 … more

Voicemail icon won't disappear

802 posts
Thanks Meter: 70
 
By scottharris4, Senior Member on 15th August 2014, 05:12 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I can't get my voicemail icon to go away. I tried dialing my voicemail, says I don't have a voicemail box set up, which is true, I never set it up. I've always used Google Voice for voicemail. But I don't have any "unread" google voice voicemails either. I tried clearing the data on the phone app in app settings, but that doesn't do the trick either. On AT&T paygo if that makes any difference
Last edited by scottharris4; 15th August 2014 at 05:17 AM.
 
 
15th August 2014, 07:05 AM |#2  
chainsuk's Avatar
Member
Flag newcastle upon tyne
Thanks Meter: 8
 
Donate to Me
More
I had the very same problem it was annoying but i just ignored it untill the other day, i noticed on android authority there was a guide to instal the same cyanogen 4.4.4 software the oneplus one has so i flashed it and hey presto voicemail icon gone i suppose that goes for reinstalling stock roms too, or at the very worst i think they get deleted after 30 days.......
15th August 2014, 08:04 PM |#3  
Darth's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag The Old Republic
Thanks Meter: 8,085
 
More
If a reboot doesn't fix it.... Try wiping cache and dalvik in recovery.

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

And does it say voicemail when you swipe down the status bar? Are you sure that is actually what the icon is?
G3MINI_N3RD
16th August 2014, 03:18 AM |#4  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I got tired of this issue too. Never had the icon hang there forever, but wouldn't disappear immediately sometimes even after listening to all my voicemail. It would stick around for about 5-10 minutes after. In the end I just setup Google Voice using the voicemail only option called Google Voice Lite. Switched it under voicemail options on my phone and followed the provisioning instructions to ring Google Voice's voicemail box instead. Now Google Voice acts like Visual Voicemail on my Nexus 5. You can try that out, but I think its a US only feature.
16th August 2014, 04:33 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 70
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by G3MINI_N3RD

I got tired of this issue too. Never had the icon hang there forever, but wouldn't disappear immediately sometimes even after listening to all my voicemail. It would stick around for about 5-10 minutes after. In the end I just setup Google Voice using the voicemail only option called Google Voice Lite. Switched it under voicemail options on my phone and followed the provisioning instructions to ring Google Voice's voicemail box instead. Now Google Voice acts like Visual Voicemail on my Nexus 5. You can try that out, but I think its a US only feature.

As my original post said, I've always only used Google Voice for my voicemail...
16th August 2014, 04:34 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 70
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ

If a reboot doesn't fix it.... Try wiping cache and dalvik in recovery.

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

And does it say voicemail when you swipe down the status bar? Are you sure that is actually what the icon is?

And yes it says one new voicemail...
16th August 2014, 04:34 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 70
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chainsuk

I had the very same problem it was annoying but i just ignored it untill the other day, i noticed on android authority there was a guide to instal the same cyanogen 4.4.4 software the oneplus one has so i flashed it and hey presto voicemail icon gone i suppose that goes for reinstalling stock roms too, or at the very worst i think they get deleted after 30 days.......

Yeah no I've had this problem for months. Clearing data for phone in app settings used to work but it doesn't anymore.
16th August 2014, 04:46 PM |#8  
Darth's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag The Old Republic
Thanks Meter: 8,085
 
More
It could be an issue on carrier end....they are still pushing the notification to you maybe.

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

If you can get someone else's sim card and try it....if notification goes away for that sim, then back for yours....its the carrier.

Just an idea.
16th August 2014, 04:58 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 70
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ

It could be an issue on carrier end....they are still pushing the notification to you maybe.

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

If you can get someone else's sim card and try it....if notification goes away for that sim, then back for yours....its the carrier.

Just an idea.

Wouldn't surprise me if it's on AT&T's end. I'd call them or go over to the AT&T store about it but it's not worth the minutes and/or gas.
17th August 2014, 10:53 AM |#10  
chainsuk's Avatar
Member
Flag newcastle upon tyne
Thanks Meter: 8
 
Donate to Me
More
Nope im not on about clearing app data im talking about doing a factory reset and re installing kit kat.....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes