Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Voicemail notification, Three UK

OP krs360

8th January 2014, 11:36 PM   |  #1  
krs360's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Moretonhampstead
Thanks Meter: 201
 
513 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2007
More
Have searched a lot but can only find stuff about Canadian carriers.

Can anyone else on Three in the UK tell me if you get a notification for new voicemails? I don't.. Very irritating.

I get a text from Three, but no notification.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
8th January 2014, 11:38 PM   |  #2  
Alex240188's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hull
Thanks Meter: 644
 
1,004 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
More
I'm on the nexus 4 and it's exactly the same. No notification but receive an SMS.
Must be carrier specific

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
9th January 2014, 08:11 AM   |  #3  
rootSU's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 13,951
 
25,174 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
I've been using HulloMail since my blackberry days (on my 3rd android device now) so i've never used three's voicemail.

I like HulloMail because its visual. Might be worth a try. Uses data

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit
9th January 2014, 10:23 AM   |  #4  
EddyOS's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Liverpool, Merseyside
Thanks Meter: 3,243
 
13,617 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
More
Yeah I only get an SMS as opposed to the icon, must be how Three's VM service works as Vodafone gives the icon
11th January 2014, 11:49 AM   |  #5  
krs360's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Moretonhampstead
Thanks Meter: 201
 
513 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

I've been using HulloMail since my blackberry days (on my 3rd android device now) so i've never used three's voicemail.

I like HulloMail because its visual. Might be worth a try. Uses data

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit

Thanks for the tip.

I installed HulloMail, set it up (stating that I'm not payg), it said setting up call forwarding.

Now when people call and I have no signal it says "this person is not available, please try later". No voicemail at all.

How do I revert back to my normal voicemail?




Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Last edited by krs360; 11th January 2014 at 11:51 AM.
11th January 2014, 11:58 AM   |  #6  
rootSU's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 13,951
 
25,174 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krs360

Thanks for the tip.

I installed HulloMail, set it up (stating that I'm not payg), it said setting up call forwarding.

Now when people call and I have no signal it says "this person is not available, please try later". No voicemail at all.

How do I revert back to my normal voicemail?




Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Via the app menu. "Activate / deactivate voicemail"
The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th January 2014, 12:00 PM   |  #7  
krs360's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Moretonhampstead
Thanks Meter: 201
 
513 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2007
More
Cheers.. Couldn't see for looking!

If I can get it to work, do the forwarded calls come off my allowance? Or cost me money?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
11th January 2014, 12:05 PM   |  #8  
rootSU's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 13,951
 
25,174 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krs360

Cheers.. Couldn't see for looking!

If I can get it to work, do the forwarded calls come off my allowance? Or cost me money?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

No. So it's a free service. It replaces your current voicemail provider (three) but it works completely differently. It uses your data, so if you have a data allowance, it will come off that. Essentially, the app will list your voicemails visually and you can click on them to listen to them and they will download to your phone over data and play. This is the whole point of visual voicemail. Meaning you dont have to dial the voicemail number and press telephone keypad buttons to navigate menus, its all in a GUI.

I personally subscribe to the service now though and get voicemails copied to my gmail account so I can also receive them and listen to them on my computer,

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes