Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,741 Members 46,943 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I want to know your opinion XDA

Tip us?
 
PowkyE
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 15
Join Date: Mar 2014
Default I want to know your opinion XDA

Hi everyone, my name is Powky and I'm new here on the XDA forums.
Well... I was thinking and want to know your opinion about the idea.
My idea is: create a ROM based on iOS7. Yes, I know, many people think about that (and is possible to be some ROM iOS based but I don't know it), but I have to tell something, I wish to do a ROM based on the look of iOS7 in ALL the aspects, ALL!
The animations, the icons, the style, etc.. Just all.
I am... New? Well, I'm new on the forums but I have all the basic stuff to know about Android and some medium ones.
And I need a little favor, if you guys can please tell me all the basic stuff about create a ROM, thinks to study first, and all about developing ROM...
Wish to you guys agree with this idea to make this imagination to reality.
Good night to everybody 😁

(Sorry if you guys don't understand my English, I speak Spanish &#128542

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
mrvtec69
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 112
Join Date: Apr 2011
why dont u buy an iphone then, if u want all aspects of ios7, closest thing youll get is Miui V6 rom
 
conquesoextra
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 103
Posts: 628
Join Date: May 2012
Don't be rude mvr...

PowkyE: Thats already exist, its called Miui. But learning its always great, dont dessist

Enviado desde mi Nexus 5 mediante Tapatalk
 
PhilipTD
Old
#4  
PhilipTD's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 361
Posts: 1,713
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NYC
When I see (or hear) the letter "i" followed by any word whatsoever, my entire body contorts grotesquely and I start whispering gibberish to myself. So, thanks. Yeah, thanks a lot, Pal.

ONEPLUS ONE STOCK CM11S TWRP
NEXUS 5 D820 STOCK KK444 FK XPOSED TWRP

 
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PhilipTD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
theesotericone
Old
#5  
theesotericone's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 245
Posts: 546
Join Date: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipTD View Post
When I see (or hear) the letter "i" followed by any word whatsoever, my entire body contorts grotesquely and I start whispering gibberish to myself. So, thanks. Yeah, thanks a lot, Pal.
LOL. Thanks for the laugh.

OP. Don't even think about it. Apples lawyers will eat you. That would be patent/copyright infringement. I mean if they can patent rounded corners they can do anything.
The Following User Says Thank You to theesotericone For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
conquesoextra
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 103
Posts: 628
Join Date: May 2012
Not funny...

Enviado desde mi Nexus 5 mediante Tapatalk
 
gee2012
Old
(Last edited by gee2012; 25th March 2014 at 09:58 AM.)
#7  
gee2012's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2805
Posts: 7,722
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Heerlen
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowkyE View Post
Hi everyone, my name is Powky and I'm new here on the XDA forums.
Well... I was thinking and want to know your opinion about the idea.
My idea is: create a ROM based on iOS7. Yes, I know, many people think about that (and is possible to be some ROM iOS based but I don't know it), but I have to tell something, I wish to do a ROM based on the look of iOS7 in ALL the aspects, ALL!
The animations, the icons, the style, etc.. Just all.
I am... New? Well, I'm new on the forums but I have all the basic stuff to know about Android and some medium ones.
And I need a little favor, if you guys can please tell me all the basic stuff about create a ROM, thinks to study first, and all about developing ROM...
Wish to you guys agree with this idea to make this imagination to reality.
Good night to everybody ��

(Sorry if you guys don't understand my English, I speak Spanish ��)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Here are some IOS 7 launchers to start with https://play.google.com/store/search...launcher&hl=nl. Look on Google for everything about how to build android roms. Plenty info available.
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue
 
Primokorn
Old
#8  
Primokorn's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1843
Posts: 3,576
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Annecy

 
DONATE TO ME
I can understand that people like iOS UI but what is the aim of building a complete 'iOS ROM'?
As suggested you should first try xposed modules, launchers, icon packs, custom themes...
Nexus 5 | Ask any questionTWRP themes 720p & 1080pDark XDA

LGE Nexus 5 | TWRP Recovery | Mahdi | Uber fan of Uber kernel

 
marleyfan61
Old
#9  
marleyfan61's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 175
Posts: 740
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Surrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by conquesoextra View Post
Don't be rude mvr...
He didn't seem rude to me. He asked a question and then suggested an alternative. And it was a legitimate question. The OP stated he wanted to create a ROM the same as IOS7 in ALL aspects (his emphasis). It really does beg the question why not just get an iPhone in the first place. I'm not trying to be an ass, I just don't get it.
Phone: Nexus 5
ROM: Paranoid Android 4.44
Recovery: TWRP
Kernel: Stock
Headpones: Beyerdynamic Tesla DT-1350, Sennheiser CX 880i
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marleyfan61 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
PhilipTD
Old
#10  
PhilipTD's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 361
Posts: 1,713
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by marleyfan61 View Post
...why not just get an iPhone in the first place...
Maybe because it's puny.

ONEPLUS ONE STOCK CM11S TWRP
NEXUS 5 D820 STOCK KK444 FK XPOSED TWRP

 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes