Also smells of rotting apple's!
26th March 2014, 02:03 AM   |  #12  
GuGuPlace
Thanks Meter: 202

544 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marleyfan61

He didn't seem rude to me. He asked a question and then suggested an alternative. And it was a legitimate question. The OP stated he wanted to create a ROM the same as IOS7 in ALL aspects (his emphasis). It really does beg the question why not just get an iPhone in the first place. I'm not trying to be an ass, I just don't get it.

I understand your point of view toward their reactions, but if it was the first time that someone gives that type of answers to a new-comming OP, it would be more acceptable. However, whenever someone comes with the idea of porting or creating a OEM Rom to the affordable and very open source Nexus 5, there you will find a anti-development crew suggesting to buy a much more expensive device as a solution. Why not tell them the reasons of why it's difficult to port a Rom or where to look for help, instead of telling to spend their school money?
I could be wrong, but I ts not so welcoming for them.
26th March 2014, 03:45 AM   |  #13  
Flag Surrey
Thanks Meter: 186

752 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GUGUITOMTG4

I understand your point of view toward their reactions, but if it was the first time that someone gives that type of answers to a new-comming OP, it would be more acceptable. However, whenever someone comes with the idea of porting or creating a OEM Rom to the affordable and very open source Nexus 5, there you will find a anti-development crew suggesting to buy a much more expensive device as a solution. Why not tell them the reasons of why it's difficult to port a Rom or where to look for help, instead of telling to spend their school money?
I could be wrong, but I ts not so welcoming for them.

Point taken.

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipTD

Maybe because it's puny.

That's true. I guess if Apple made a thinner, lighter phone with a larger screen fewer people would be looking for a ported IOS rom.
26th March 2014, 05:49 AM   |  #14  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

24 posts
Well, it's OK...
Another point I want to take is the fact of the iOS launchers... There are all buggy, I want to make the ROM completely like iOS7 and I don't want to buy a iPhone (as my "friend" mrv said) because one thing: why I should to buy an iPhone of 700$ to have the ui when I have another phone with the price of 400-500$ and better than the iPhone?
That's my point of view, and you're all right, there is MIUI but I was using the launcher and is not completely like I want it...
So... I only want opinions, I will try to do it, I don't care if there are apple-haters... I don't really like the iPhone because there are to small, to close and all that ****, the only thing I like (and not only me) is the ui, and I want to ported for my beautiful android.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
26th March 2014, 06:30 AM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 387

1,750 posts
Well, in all seriousness, welcome to the forum and best of luck with your project.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread