Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,020 Members 41,129 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Want to upgrade but no computer atm

Tip us?

dallas220
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default Want to upgrade but no computer atm

Hey guys.. I'm currently on 4.4.2 stock rooted with xposed and Franco and would like to upgrade to 4.4.3.
I don't have access to a computer at the moment... So what would be the easiest way or anyway for that matter to upgrade?
Sorry if this a noob question but I am not super android savvy to be honest. Any help would be amazing.
If there was a guide or something to follow for someone in my position....

Thanks for any help

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Aerowinder
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1191
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas220 View Post
Hey guys.. I'm currently on 4.4.2 stock rooted with xposed and Franco and would like to upgrade to 4.4.3.
I don't have access to a computer at the moment... So what would be the easiest way or anyway for that matter to upgrade?
Sorry if this a noob question but I am not super android savvy to be honest. Any help would be amazing.
If there was a guide or something to follow for someone in my position....

Thanks for any help

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
Somebody made a 4.4.4 system zip. Get that, and the flashable 4.4.4 radio zip.

Google Firmware: Google
USB Drivers: Google | Mirror
ADB+ADB Drivers: 19.0.2 (4.4.4) + Koush Universal ADB Drivers

TWRP Official: hammerhead | flo
TWRP Holofied: hammerhead | flo

Gapps: BaNkS

Superuser: Chainfire | Mirror
The Following User Says Thank You to Aerowinder For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jwhyte
Old
(Last edited by jwhyte; 26th June 2014 at 04:22 AM.)
Thanks Meter 347
Just flash a stock rooted ROM. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=48190796

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to jwhyte For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dallas220
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerowinder View Post
Somebody made a 4.4.4 system zip. Get that, and the flashable 4.4.4 radio zip.

is that all i need to do, download them to my phone and just flash in recovery? Do i need to go to 4.4.3 first? Im so confused :S

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhyte View Post
Just flash a stick rooted ROM. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=48190796

I have no idea what a stick rooted ROM is to be honest brother...

I know its alot to ask but is there any way one of you guys could give me a brief step by step? I hate being that guy but im not nearly confident to go messing around on my own... Do i flash my stock kernel first? Then unistall Xposed? Then what..... :S

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 20660
Quote:
is that all i need to do, download them to my phone and just flash in recovery? Do i need to go to 4.4.3 first? Im so confused :S

I know its alot to ask but is there any way one of you guys could give me a brief step by step? I hate being that guy but im not nearly confident to go messing around on my own... Do i flash my stock kernel first? Then unistall Xposed? Then what..... :S
you shouldnt do a single thing, nothing. not until you take some time to educate yourself first. if not, and you start messing around, youre gonna end up with a paperweight. seriously, im not being mean to you, im trying to be helpful. take some time, read about the basics, learn at least just what you need. start here http://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...-read-t2784527
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to simms22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jwhyte
Old
Thanks Meter 347
Quote:

Sorry it auto corrected. Yes you can flash a stick rooted rom. Such as the one from @bigxie that I linked but please try to heed @simms22 words. You always want to know what you are doing before you do it or you risk ending up with a paperweight. If you have this many questions flashing something new can wait until you are comfortable with what you are doing.

dallas220
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22 View Post
you shouldnt do a single thing, nothing. not until you take some time to educate yourself first. if not, and you start messing around, youre gonna end up with a paperweight. seriously, im not being mean to you, im trying to be helpful. take some time, read about the basics, learn at least just what you need. start here http://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...-read-t2784527
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhyte View Post
Sorry it auto corrected. Yes you can flash a stick rooted rom. Such as the one from @bigxie that I linked but please try to heed @simms22 words. You always want to know what you are doing before you do it or you risk ending up with a paperweight. If you have this many questions flashing something new can wait until you are comfortable with what you are doing.

thanks lads... i know some but clearly not enough. Will read up between classes thanks!