[Q] Warranty on a Nexus 5 from Ebay

Tip us?

GodSlayer
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 71

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] Warranty on a Nexus 5 from Ebay

If I buy a nexus 5 from ebay, can I still use the Google warranty on it?

jj14
Old
Thanks Meter 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSlayer View Post
If I buy a nexus 5 from ebay, can I still use the Google warranty on it?
Technically, the warranty is not by Google - it is by LG. Google will handle returns/replacements within the first 15 days.
According to LG, the warranty is for 12 months for the original purchaser.
The Following User Says Thank You to jj14 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GodSlayer
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 71

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj14 View Post
Technically, the warranty is not by Google - it is by LG. Google will handle returns/replacements within the first 15 days.
According to LG, the warranty is for 12 months for the original purchaser.
Can I invoke it using the original receipt?

dicecuber
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 51
I think the warranty is tied to the original email address

Team Nexus 5 sucks

jj14
Old
Thanks Meter 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSlayer View Post
Can I invoke it using the original receipt?
Sorry - can't say because I haven't tried it. I suspect it will be ok if you have original receipt since all LG would really care about is the purchase date to figure out whether it is still under warranty or not, but I don't know if they will check purchaser name as well. You could check with Google/LG to be sure, but I'm pretty sure they will give you the legal answer

Just out of curiosity, why are you buying from ebay instead of the play store? Is it significantly cheaper there? I just glanced thru' some of the postings there and they all seem to be selling over $400 (buy it now)

GodSlayer
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 71

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj14 View Post
Sorry - can't say because I haven't tried it. I suspect it will be ok if you have original receipt since all LG would really care about is the purchase date to figure out whether it is still under warranty or not, but I don't know if they will check purchaser name as well. You could check with Google/LG to be sure, but I'm pretty sure they will give you the legal answer

Just out of curiosity, why are you buying from ebay instead of the play store? Is it significantly cheaper there? I just glanced thru' some of the postings there and they all seem to be selling over $400 (buy it now)
The price in the Play Store is almost 450, with taxes and shipping, and there are options for less than that.
Moreover, I am having trouble ordering from the Play Store as I am not a resident of the USA, and only sending it to a person there. I know that the ebay order will get there, unlike the Play Store order which is still pending and can be dropped at any moment.