Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,817 Members 53,809 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Water Damage = Red Blinking Notification Light

Tip us?

Khant
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default Water Damage = Red Blinking Notification Light

So I have a water damaged Nexus 5 and it blinks the red notification light when charging. The device was 100% working until it died. Replacing battery doesn't change anything. It seems that this is very common problem, if you look on eBay listings, all of the water damaged Nexus 5 says that it blinks red when charging.

Any help on what error this is would be helpful. Red light blinking on water damage is too common symptom to be a coincidence.

Maybe charging with a Qi charging will work?

gee2012
Old
(Last edited by gee2012; 13th April 2014 at 10:11 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khant View Post
So I have a water damaged Nexus 5 and it blinks the red notification light when charging. The device was 100% working until it died. Replacing battery doesn't change anything. It seems that this is very common problem, if you look on eBay listings, all of the water damaged Nexus 5 says that it blinks red when charging.

Any help on what error this is would be helpful. Red light blinking on water damage is too common symptom to be a coincidence.

Maybe charging with a Qi charging will work?
Removing the back ad battery and placing the device in a bowl of uncoocked rice for a few days would probably have helped to extract moisture from the phone. Turning on the device with water damage is a bad decision imo
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue

krishnanmailbox1
Old
Thanks Meter 39
looks like water gone deep intlo the screen... my friend phone too 2ater damaged... he took it to service centre and they screen has to be replaced .. lol.. it don't cover warranty also...

Sent from my LG-E975 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Khant
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
the device was fine until the battery died out. it now show red blinking when trying to charge. so i know thr screen and everything is fine. but it doesnt charge, just flashes red

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 9970
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khant View Post
the device was fine until the battery died out
It clearly wasn't. Water damage is bad and further erosion occurs over time

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.