How Open Source Can Help Your Project w/ Ethan Yonker – BABBQ2014

People have finally recovered from this years Big Android BBQ … more

Add Frequency Bands to Your Qualcomm Device

Those of you who travel quite a bit undoubtedly own more than one device due to frequency band … more

More Android 5.0 Details Revealed, Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker – XDA TV

Google talks more about Android 5.0 Lollipop! That and much … more

Google Allows Search Queries To Interact With Apps

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings lots of new features that are quite useful for end users and … more

Weak LTE signal

OP Android.Addiction

11th January 2014, 02:53 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7

87 posts
I have the Google Nexus 5 and in the Dallas, TX area I'm seeing VERY weak LTE signals. Inside buildings, connectivity is completely cut off (no bars). Outside is better, but I can literally wrap both my hands and cover my phone and it kills the signal completely.

I tried various APN changes I found on Google and XDA but nothing helps. Anyone having this problem? I swapped to AT&T prepaid in the meantime and signals are absolutely fantastic. However I have problems with T-mobile connectivity on this phone no matter where I go in the metroplex.
11th January 2014, 02:56 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 44

456 posts
More
I'll just guess and say T-Mobile suck in your area
11th January 2014, 03:52 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 325

1,283 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android.Addiction

I have the Google Nexus 5 and in the Dallas, TX area I'm seeing VERY weak LTE signals. Inside buildings, connectivity is completely cut off (no bars). Outside is better, but I can literally wrap both my hands and cover my phone and it kills the signal completely.

I tried various APN changes I found on Google and XDA but nothing helps. Anyone having this problem? I swapped to AT&T prepaid in the meantime and signals are absolutely fantastic. However I have problems with T-mobile connectivity on this phone no matter where I go in the metroplex.

Download an app on the google play store called Signal Check and report to me your DBM in LTE

---------- Post added at 04:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 AM ----------

How old is your T-Mobile LTE market for Maui LTE just lit up 3 weeks ago and there still tweaking it so far they replaced only 2 panels on their sites I assume testing. Because I get five bars of hspa+ but LTE is one bar and hspa is serving from the same cell site as LTE

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
11th January 2014, 04:51 AM   |  #4  
OP Member

87 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markdapimp

Download an app on the google play store called Signal Check and report to me your DBM in LTE

---------- Post added at 04:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 AM ----------

How old is your T-Mobile LTE market for Maui LTE just lit up 3 weeks ago and there still tweaking it so far they replaced only 2 panels on their sites I assume testing. Because I get five bars of hspa+ but LTE is one bar and hspa is serving from the same cell site as LTE

Attached.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1389415860617.jpg
Views:	609
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	2507929

11th January 2014, 04:55 AM   |  #5  

1,283 posts
More
You do have a weaker LTE signal, try going settings, more, mobile networks, preferred network type

select 3G, report the dbm
11th January 2014, 04:57 AM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag South Florida
Thanks Meter: 2,224

4,516 posts
Donate to Me
More
Here's mine

11th January 2014, 05:03 AM   |  #7  

1,283 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuMMoD

Here's mine

excellent results!
11th January 2014, 05:06 AM   |  #8  
OP Member

87 posts
I did as you asked and it would rapidly swap between three different connection modes. I have attached corresponding screenshots.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1389416661005.jpg
Views:	486
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	2507943Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1389416684416.jpg
Views:	471
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	2507944Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1389416706156.jpg
Views:	468
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	2507945

11th January 2014, 05:22 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android.Addiction

Very weak in Frisco area, just use 3G instead of LTE, if you don't really need the speed.
11th January 2014, 05:23 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 46

538 posts
More
I have the same issue, LTE is bad, but then the phone all by itself jumps to 3G and I loose the signal for 5/10 seconds while it's changing.
Why is that? Is it because of the modem or because of the infrastructure?

---------- Post added at 08:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 AM ----------

I have the same issue, LTE has low signal, but then the phone all by itself jumps to 3G and I loose the signal for 5/10 seconds while it's changing.
Why is that? Is it because of the modem or because of the infrastructure?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread