Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Weird blinking battery screen

OP mew1033

25th June 2014, 09:36 AM   |  #1  
mew1033's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 50
 
118 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
Whenever my phone is powered off and plugged in, it does this weird blinky thing. The battery charging screen shows up, then blinks every 5ish seconds. Anyone know why?

I'm currently running DU, with furnace kernel version 1.3.5. Could it be a kernel issues? Overheating?

Here's what it looks like: http://youtu.be/HHMk6A6RMSs">http://youtu.be/HHMk6A6RMSs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
25th June 2014, 01:01 PM   |  #2  
Lethargy's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Somewhere quiet.
Thanks Meter: 2,470
 
4,067 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
I never fully shut off my Nexus 5 lol, it's hardly charges any faster when it's off.
26th June 2014, 02:29 AM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 373
 
1,522 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
More
Could be a kernel issue, stock phone does not exhibit that behavior as far as I can tell.
11th July 2014, 06:17 PM   |  #4  
mew1033's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 50
 
118 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bblzd

Could be a kernel issue, stock phone does not exhibit that behavior as far as I can tell.

Does the kernel modify the charging while the phone is off?
11th July 2014, 08:52 PM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 373
 
1,522 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mew1033

Does the kernel modify the charging while the phone is off?

I believe it could.
15th July 2014, 01:19 AM   |  #6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
23 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mew1033

Whenever my phone is powered off and plugged in, it does this weird blinky thing. The battery charging screen shows up, then blinks every 5ish seconds. Anyone know why?

I'm currently running DU, with furnace kernel version 1.3.5. Could it be a kernel issues? Overheating?

Here's what it looks like: http://youtu.be/HHMk6A6RMSs">http://youtu.be/HHMk6A6RMSs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

I just flashed Furnace Kernel and my phone started doing the exact same thing. I think its an issue with the kernel

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes