Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,536 Members 52,820 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Weird blinking battery screen

Tip us?
 
mew1033
Old
#1  
mew1033's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 49
Posts: 113
Join Date: Jul 2012
Default [Q] Weird blinking battery screen

Whenever my phone is powered off and plugged in, it does this weird blinky thing. The battery charging screen shows up, then blinks every 5ish seconds. Anyone know why?

I'm currently running DU, with furnace kernel version 1.3.5. Could it be a kernel issues? Overheating?

Here's what it looks like: http://youtu.be/HHMk6A6RMSs">http://youtu.be/HHMk6A6RMSs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
 
Lethargy
Old
#2  
Lethargy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 761
Posts: 1,524
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Sydney, Australia
I never fully shut off my Nexus 5 lol, it's hardly charges any faster when it's off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyphur
You ask us to understand your position. Well if you want to benefit from our experience and time then I think it is only fair that you understand our position.
 
bblzd
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 257
Posts: 1,200
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Toronto
Could be a kernel issue, stock phone does not exhibit that behavior as far as I can tell.
W32
 
mew1033
Old
#4  
mew1033's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 49
Posts: 113
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by bblzd View Post
Could be a kernel issue, stock phone does not exhibit that behavior as far as I can tell.
Does the kernel modify the charging while the phone is off?
 
bblzd
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 257
Posts: 1,200
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by mew1033 View Post
Does the kernel modify the charging while the phone is off?
I believe it could.
W32
 
bcurry10
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 23
Join Date: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mew1033 View Post
Whenever my phone is powered off and plugged in, it does this weird blinky thing. The battery charging screen shows up, then blinks every 5ish seconds. Anyone know why?

I'm currently running DU, with furnace kernel version 1.3.5. Could it be a kernel issues? Overheating?

Here's what it looks like: http://youtu.be/HHMk6A6RMSs">http://youtu.be/HHMk6A6RMSs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
I just flashed Furnace Kernel and my phone started doing the exact same thing. I think its an issue with the kernel

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Return to Outer Space Outer Space with Ship Up Game

Since the release of Flappy Birds, we’ve had the “fortune” to see … more

Device Review: OnePlus One

Seemingly every day, there are a bunch of new devices being released. Some are budget devices and some are … more

Browse the Internet with the Innovative Atlas Web Browser

For the most part, Chrome, Firefox, and Dolphin Browser have no real rivals among … more

Choose from Over a Thousand Battery Styles with 3Minit Battery Mod

The battery style in stock Android looks pretty dull. It doesn’t … more