[Q] Weird wallpaper issue

Tip us?

paralis
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Weird wallpaper issue

Hi,

Device : Nexus 5 international version (LG-D821) 16 Gb.
System : Stock 4.4.2/KOT49H, unrooted, locked (updated from original 4.4 via OTA)

My problem is the following: I can't set the wallpaper using the regular way (tapping screen/wallpaper/select picture/picking any picture from any folder) and get a error message at the bottom (even before actually setting it) which says 'Can't load picture'.
I get this message on any picture (camera pictures, my own wallpaper folder, downloaded pictures, whatever) anywhere.

So, right now I'm forced to use the gallery app and the "use as wallpaper" function (and 100% of all the pictures I have work fine).

I'm not sure it's a 4.4.2 related issue, I can't remember if I changed the wallpaper using the very same way right after the OTA. What I do remember is it worked perfectly on 4.4.

So I wonder if it's a known 4.4.2 issue/bug.

It doesn't seem related to the files or folders themselves since it used to work on 4.4 and still work through the gallery.

Anyway, any help appreciated.

Thank you for reading

Eric

PhilipTD
Old
Thanks Meter 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by paralis View Post
Hi,

Device : Nexus 5 international version (LG-D821) 16 Gb.
System : Stock 4.4.2/KOT49H, unrooted, locked (updated from original 4.4 via OTA)

My problem is the following: I can't set the wallpaper using the regular way (tapping screen/wallpaper/select picture/picking any picture from any folder) and get a error message at the bottom (even before actually setting it) which says 'Can't load picture'.
I get this message on any picture (camera pictures, my own wallpaper folder, downloaded pictures, whatever) anywhere.

So, right now I'm forced to use the gallery app and the "use as wallpaper" function (and 100% of all the pictures I have work fine).

I'm not sure it's a 4.4.2 related issue, I can't remember if I changed the wallpaper using the very same way right after the OTA. What I do remember is it worked perfectly on 4.4.

So I wonder if it's a known 4.4.2 issue/bug.

It doesn't seem related to the files or folders themselves since it used to work on 4.4 and still work through the gallery.

Anyway, any help appreciated.

Thank you for reading

Eric
I thought that the "regular" way you describe in your first paragraph is in fact a function of the gallery app.

Sent from my Nexus 5

NEXUS 5 D820 STOCK KK442 FK46 DALVIK XPOSED TWRP2734

Neurotica
Old
Thanks Meter 106

DONATE TO ME
Are you able to set the stock wallpapers through the regular way or is that only related to you picking pictures that you have downloaded or copied to your phone?

It might be due to format, file size etc... If it is the latter.

Sent from my Nexus 5

paralis
Old
(Last edited by paralis; 29th December 2013 at 09:35 PM.) Reason: spelling
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurotica View Post
Are you able to set the stock wallpapers through the regular way or is that only related to you picking pictures that you have downloaded or copied to your phone?

It might be due to format, file size etc... If it is the latter.

Sent from my Nexus 5
I can pick stock wallpapers (have no idea where they are located btw) that way but no picture of any kind (except when running Gallery and 'using them as wallaper'). I haven't messed up with the folders or the files and it works fine anyway, again, from the Gallery app.

Neurotica
Old
Thanks Meter 106

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by paralis View Post
I can pick stock wallpapers (have no idea where they are located btw) that way but no picture of any kind (except when running Gallery and 'using them as wallaper'). I haven't messed up with the folders or the files and it works fine anyway, again, from the Gallery app.
Upload one of the pictures you're trying to use as a wallpaper. I'll try to recreate this on my phone and see if I end up with the same issues.

Sent from my Nexus 5

paralis
Old
(Last edited by paralis; 30th December 2013 at 12:29 AM.) Reason: Attachment problem
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurotica View Post
Upload one of the pictures you're trying to use as a wallpaper. I'll try to recreate this on my phone and see if I end up with the same issues.

Sent from my Nexus 5
Here you go ! Uploaded straight from my phone.

[Edited to replace the jpg with zip file]
Attached Files
File Type: zip Grass.zip - [Click for QR Code] (618.9 KB, 2 views)