Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] What's a file explorer that can r/w to OTG USB?

OP zolo185

27th January 2014, 01:43 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 35

168 posts
More
I have the meenova micro SD OTG reader and the only way i can access files from through my phone is from TWRP when i flash roms and such. I want to be able to move files back and forth from my phone using the Meenova but i've only seen peopl;e suggest nexus importer but it doesn't really work for me that well, I'm using root explorer right now and it doesn't let me access my usb otg. Basically i want a file explorer that let's me use the meenova to move files and not have to boot into twrp to have to do it and i dont want to have to pay a fortune for an app that will let me do this.
Hammer_Of_The_Gods
27th January 2014, 01:56 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
Hi,

Take a look for these apps: https://play.google.com/store/search...t&c=apps&hl=fr.

Apps like Stickmount have a free version, you can test... After that I use Root Explorer without any issue.

Last edited by Hammer_Of_The_Gods; 27th January 2014 at 01:59 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th January 2014, 02:00 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Miami

168 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by viking37

Hi,

Take a look for these apps: https://play.google.com/store/search...t&c=apps&hl=fr.

Apps like Stickmount have a free version, you can test... After that I use Root Explorer without any issue.

Thanks ! Some great results came out

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Hammer_Of_The_Gods
27th January 2014, 02:04 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zolo185

Thanks ! Some great results came out

Re,

Yes , for my usage I use Stickmount (the free version). Once the USB is mounted I can move, copy, delete the files. With Root Explorer the path is /sdcard/usbStorage/sda1.

Last edited by Hammer_Of_The_Gods; 27th January 2014 at 02:08 PM.
27th January 2014, 02:11 PM   |  #5  
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 13,845

25,040 posts
More
Depends what you want to do. Apps like stickmount are ok if you just want to read/write data on the card through a file explorer. However since these apps dont mount correctly (mount in sdcard for non-root users), they're useless if you want to move game data onto usb otg. Fir that you need it mounting in /storage so custom kernel like chaos is what you'd need

The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th January 2014, 02:51 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Miami

168 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

Depends what you want to do. Apps like stickmount are ok if you just want to read/write data on the card through a file explorer. However since these apps dont mount correctly (mount in sdcard for non-root users), they're useless if you want to move game data onto usb otg. Fir that you need it mounting in /storage so custom kernel like chaos is what you'd need

How can I tell if its mounting to storage or not. I'm on purity using stock purity kernel.

27th January 2014, 02:56 PM   |  #7  

25,040 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zolo185

How can I tell if its mounting to storage or not. I'm on purity using stock purity kernel.

Im sorry, I don't understand the question. Does purity say it automounts USB otg in its list of features? Most roms / kernels do not offer this.

I only know 1 kernel and 1 rom that does. Chaos kernel and Mahdi rom. This doesn't mean more don't do it but I don't know the features if every rom or kernel.

Browse to /storage on the root of your device to see what's there

27th January 2014, 03:04 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Miami

168 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

Im sorry, I don't understand the question. Does purity say it automounts USB otg in its list of features? Most roms / kernels do not offer this.

I only know 1 kernel and 1 rom that does. Chaos kernel and Mahdi rom. This doesn't mean more don't do it but I don't know the features if every rom or kernel.

Browse to /storage on the root of your device to see what's there

Sorry, and it does not mention it in the ROM features and I don't have the USB otg with me at the moment I'm in school. But here is what it shows me now.

*note* the SDA 1 is what I just added to see if it would mount there later on as vicking said above.

Attachment 2542308

27th January 2014, 03:14 PM   |  #9  

25,040 posts
More
The attachment doesn't work.

If you use stickmount, it will mount to /storage/sdcard0/usbStorage/sda1

Chaos kernel mounts to /storage/USBdisk

You don't create anything yourself. It creates as and when required