5,606,588 Members 36,156 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Whatsapp ART compatibility.

Tip us?

5hadz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Question [Q] Whatsapp ART compatibility.

I've read a bunch of feeds that describe how to fix the Whatsapp compatibility with ART.
Some say revert back to the old version, some say install it only after you switch to ART.
Can I get a definite answer from someone reliable?
How do I switch to ART and use Whatsapp.
Thanks.

peron
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Personally I think waiting for ART to come out of beta is the best approach. But that is me, enjoying the n5 with no mods.

golem95
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5hadz View Post
I've read a bunch of feeds that describe how to fix the Whatsapp compatibility with ART.
Some say revert back to the old version, some say install it only after you switch to ART.
Can I get a definite answer from someone reliable?
How do I switch to ART and use Whatsapp.
Thanks.
whatsapp doesn't work with ART, there's no difference if you'd install it after changing ( it simply wouldn't install at all )
but!, you can fix the libart.so ^^ then it should function not only with an old whatsapp version ( this is another method ), but with the latest
just check this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2527879 (your phone must have a custom recovery for this one)

BDZC
Old
(Last edited by BDZC; 5th December 2013 at 11:01 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Default ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by golem95 View Post
whatsapp doesn't work with ART, there's no difference if you'd install it after changing ( it simply wouldn't install at all )
but!, you can fix the libart.so ^^ then it should function not only with an old whatsapp version ( this is another method ), but with the latest
just check this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2527879 (your phone must have a custom recovery for this one)
i tried several libart.so fixes and they all kinda break my installed ROM. it only worked on stock rom for me.
anyone has an idea why it works for stock and not custom like CM?
dont really know the reason. any usefull info would help...

thx in advance