FORUMS

Which Lockscreen Security Type Do You Use?

From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you … more

Xposed 3.0 Alpha 3 Released

A new alpha for the Xposed framework is out and brings several bug fixes. You’ll only need to flash … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 18 – 25)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Custom ROMs vs. Modular Tweaks

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

White nexus 5 sides scratch like crazy

11th January 2014, 02:57 PM |#1  
Chad_Petree's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 217
 
More
One thing I ddin't like about the white nexus 5 , is that the sides are made of glossy black plastic , I don't understand why google chose to go with gloyys sides on the white nexus and awesome mate on the nexus 5 sides, the thing is , the glossy sides not only look cheap but they actually are... I baby my phone, I won't even put it on a naked table and I got a ton of scratches on the bottom side of the glossy frame, I'm guessing it's because of the friction caused every time I put the phone in my pockets and every time I take it out, is anyone else experiencing the same thing?
 
 
11th January 2014, 03:04 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 137
 
More
get a slim case, 2mm won't hurt your hand, but will protect body of the phone
11th January 2014, 03:12 PM |#3  
rootSU's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 16,986
 
More
Or get a dbrand skin. I have the back and sides, but you could just get the sides if you wanted.

They ship from Canada in normal air mail. Really quick. I had mine fitted in 4 days in the UK.

http://dbrand.com/submodels/nexus-5/
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th January 2014, 08:08 PM |#4  
Chad_Petree's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 217
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

Or get a dbrand skin. I have the back and sides, but you could just get the sides if you wanted.

They ship from Canada in normal air mail. Really quick. I had mine fitted in 4 days in the UK.

http://dbrand.com/submodels/nexus-5/

The white carbon fiber sticker doesnt look that bad, maybe I will get it
12th January 2014, 08:36 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 437
 
More
Zippers on your pockets maybe? Without a case that would lead to scratches with either siding.
12th January 2014, 09:20 PM |#6  
Chad_Petree's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 217
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bblzd

Zippers on your pockets maybe? Without a case that would lead to scratches with either siding.

Noup, no zipper whatsoever
13th January 2014, 03:11 AM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 37
 
More
Not only easily scratches, but also very slippery in hand.

The white one is the one to avoid if you are going to use naked.
13th January 2014, 03:15 AM |#8  
mistahseller's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Saint Louis
Thanks Meter: 203
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad_Petree

One thing I ddin't like about the white nexus 5 , is that the sides are made of glossy black plastic , I don't understand why google chose to go with gloyys sides on the white nexus and awesome mate on the nexus 5 sides, the thing is , the glossy sides not only look cheap but they actually are... I baby my phone, I won't even put it on a naked table and I got a ton of scratches on the bottom side of the glossy frame, I'm guessing it's because of the friction caused every time I put the phone in my pockets and every time I take it out, is anyone else experiencing the same thing?

I can tell you that the sides do not scratch from just pulling out of a jean pocket. The plastic is way harder than anything that a jean pocket would have in it unlesss......... you had keys in there or something else. I do not think friction causes scratches but I could be wrong.
13th January 2014, 10:21 AM |#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
That is weird. I'm not using a case on my white Nexus 5 either and it's not scratching for me.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
13th January 2014, 10:46 AM |#10  
Chad_Petree's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 217
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipsaz

Not only easily scratches, but also very slippery in hand.

The white one is the one to avoid if you are going to use naked.

I found about it too late, I hit the "buy" button the second the phone went live on the play store, the white Nexus 5 reminds me of the HTC one which I always wanted to get, at least I'm passing the knowledge and I'm recommending my friends to get the black version

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Nexus 5 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank