Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,111 Members 48,990 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

White nexus 5 sides scratch like crazy

Tip us?

Chad_Petree
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 163
Default White nexus 5 sides scratch like crazy

One thing I ddin't like about the white nexus 5 , is that the sides are made of glossy black plastic , I don't understand why google chose to go with gloyys sides on the white nexus and awesome mate on the nexus 5 sides, the thing is , the glossy sides not only look cheap but they actually are... I baby my phone, I won't even put it on a naked table and I got a ton of scratches on the bottom side of the glossy frame, I'm guessing it's because of the friction caused every time I put the phone in my pockets and every time I take it out, is anyone else experiencing the same thing?

GR0S
Old
Thanks Meter 132
get a slim case, 2mm won't hurt your hand, but will protect body of the phone

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 10670
Or get a dbrand skin. I have the back and sides, but you could just get the sides if you wanted.

They ship from Canada in normal air mail. Really quick. I had mine fitted in 4 days in the UK.

http://dbrand.com/submodels/nexus-5/
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Chad_Petree
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
Or get a dbrand skin. I have the back and sides, but you could just get the sides if you wanted.

They ship from Canada in normal air mail. Really quick. I had mine fitted in 4 days in the UK.

http://dbrand.com/submodels/nexus-5/
The white carbon fiber sticker doesnt look that bad, maybe I will get it

bblzd
Old
Thanks Meter 281
Zippers on your pockets maybe? Without a case that would lead to scratches with either siding.
W32

Chad_Petree
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by bblzd View Post
Zippers on your pockets maybe? Without a case that would lead to scratches with either siding.
Noup, no zipper whatsoever

cipsaz
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Not only easily scratches, but also very slippery in hand.

The white one is the one to avoid if you are going to use naked.

mistahseller
Old
Thanks Meter 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad_Petree View Post
One thing I ddin't like about the white nexus 5 , is that the sides are made of glossy black plastic , I don't understand why google chose to go with gloyys sides on the white nexus and awesome mate on the nexus 5 sides, the thing is , the glossy sides not only look cheap but they actually are... I baby my phone, I won't even put it on a naked table and I got a ton of scratches on the bottom side of the glossy frame, I'm guessing it's because of the friction caused every time I put the phone in my pockets and every time I take it out, is anyone else experiencing the same thing?
I can tell you that the sides do not scratch from just pulling out of a jean pocket. The plastic is way harder than anything that a jean pocket would have in it unlesss......... you had keys in there or something else. I do not think friction causes scratches but I could be wrong.

TheReaperNY
Old
Thanks Meter 0
That is weird. I'm not using a case on my white Nexus 5 either and it's not scratching for me.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

Chad_Petree
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipsaz View Post
Not only easily scratches, but also very slippery in hand.

The white one is the one to avoid if you are going to use naked.
I found about it too late, I hit the "buy" button the second the phone went live on the play store, the white Nexus 5 reminds me of the HTC one which I always wanted to get, at least I'm passing the knowledge and I'm recommending my friends to get the black version

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk