Widget updation problem in Nexus 5

6th February 2014, 11:24 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15

241 posts
Hello!

I brought a Nexus 5 a few days back, updated it to 4.4.2, flashed Franco kernal and am on Nova Launcher. I had been using Taskos widget on my homescreen to manage my todo list. Problem is that even if I made any changes in the list, it didnt update itself on the homescreen widget. So I tried to do the same with ColorNote but faced the same problem. If I delete the widget and create a new widget, I get the updated list but any changed made after that is again not reflected.

What can I do to solve this issue?

Thank you.
6th February 2014, 11:34 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 3,102

8,462 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by go4saket

Hello!

I brought a Nexus 5 a few days back, updated it to 4.4.2, flashed Franco kernal and am on Nova Launcher. I had been using Taskos widget on my homescreen to manage my todo list. Problem is that even if I made any changes in the list, it didnt update itself on the homescreen widget. So I tried to do the same with ColorNote but faced the same problem. If I delete the widget and create a new widget, I get the updated list but any changed made after that is again not reflected.

What can I do to solve this issue?

Thank you.

Send a report tot the apps Dev. for assistence or tips.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk
6th February 2014, 03:36 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15

241 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012

Send a report tot the apps Dev. for assistence or tips.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

This is not a app specific problem. I tried 3-4 different apps but the problem was seen in all of them...
6th February 2014, 05:50 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 22

129 posts
Hmmm...
For giggles, try the stock launcher, then you can see whether the launcher is to blame of something deeper in the system (like the kernel).

If the problem persists, try the stock kernel, perhaps some "battery saving" code is preventing the widget from updating itself.

-Mike
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Nexus 5 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank