FORUMS

[Q] do we have wifi direct issue?

56 posts
Thanks Meter: 17

By ssnalagu, Member on 18th February 2014, 09:38 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
hi Guys....

I was not able to transfer files via WiFi Direct from Samsung Grand to our N5, After googleing i got this https://productforums.google.com/for...us/fc1FJKw2Jt8

any of you guys facing this issue?
Last edited by ssnalagu; 18th February 2014 at 09:42 AM.

18th February 2014, 10:19 AM |#2  
Flag Hedensted
Thanks Meter: 143

More
File transfer through WiFi direct has never been supported by aosp android. WiFi direct is simply a means of connecting devices and allowing them to communicate even without a local wifi network. On android it allows apps to communicate for local games or as you say file transfer.

So you simply don't have an app capable of transferring files through wifi direct, which the Samsung does, because they included the functionality.

The problem with Samsung's implementation is that since it is using their own interface for contact, there is no guarantee that it will work with non Samsung devices, so in my opinion the better option is to be able to download the same transfer app on both devices, to guarantee that it works probably even between different brands of devices.
Last edited by mortenmhp; 18th February 2014 at 10:34 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to mortenmhp For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th February 2014, 05:11 PM |#3  
Flag Orange County, CA
Thanks Meter: 169

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssnalagu

hi Guys....

I was not able to transfer files via WiFi Direct from Samsung Grand to our N5, After googleing i got this https://productforums.google.com/for...us/fc1FJKw2Jt8

any of you guys facing this issue?

Try Superbeam app. I successfully transferred a 300MB video file from my wife's LG G2 to my N5 without any issues. Transferred really fast too.
The Following User Says Thank You to charesa39 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread