Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Wifi/Mobile Signal Status Color?

OP JDM9499

9th April 2014, 05:33 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

48 posts
As it is now, the colors of the wifi/mobile signal bars are white (in the status bar), and if you want to check to see if you're receiving data for either wifi/mobile you have to swipe down and go into quick settings. If you're not receiving data, it will be orange.

Is there a way for the signal bars in the status bar to also show orange? Or another color letting you know instantly you're not receiving data for either wifi or mobile?

The reason I ask is because last night my internet went down for a couple hours. The wireless router was on, thus showing full white bars for wifi in the status bar, even though I was actually not receiving internet. It was only after not receiving any notifications for awhile (including texts because when the wifi/mobile data are on at the same time both go down) when I swiped down into quick settings and noticed full reception for both wifi/mobile but both were orange.

It would have been nice to know immediately via the status bar with a change in signal color from white to orange. Is there something I'm missing? Is it possible to change?

Cheers!
9th April 2014, 05:44 PM   |  #2  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 543

535 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM9499

As it is now, the colors of the wifi/mobile signal bars are white (in the status bar), and if you want to check to see if you're receiving data for either wifi/mobile you have to swipe down and go into quick settings. If you're not receiving data, it will be orange.

Is there a way for the signal bars in the status bar to also show orange? Or another color letting you know instantly you're not receiving data for either wifi or mobile?

The reason I ask is because last night my internet went down for a couple hours. The wireless router was on, thus showing full white bars for wifi in the status bar, even though I was actually not receiving internet. It was only after not receiving any notifications for awhile (including texts because when the wifi/mobile data are on at the same time both go down) when I swiped down into quick settings and noticed full reception for both wifi/mobile but both were orange.

It would have been nice to know immediately via the status bar with a change in signal color from white to orange. Is there something I'm missing? Is it possible to change?

Cheers!

Only way to change colors is themes from theme chooser, xposed modules, etc with root. Normally, no, not on stock unless you do the root. Signal status in status bar is feature of some ROMs as well if you flash but beyond that, no.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
mobile data connection, nexus 5, signal bars, wifi
Previous Thread Next Thread