Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,962 Members 50,123 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

WiFi Stuck On

Tip us?

EddyOS
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 3,015
Question WiFi Stuck On

Tried searching for this but can't seem to find anything similar. I did think it was down to this camera bug but I don't think it is...

Basically, in the last few days, my Nexus thinks the WiFi is on when I've not used it in weeks. This is based on the battery stats in the Settings menu. It's killing my battery, like 10% in less than an hour, and this is also the same on a fresh install of the factory image with now other apps installed.

Anyone know what's going on, or what to suggest?
Google Nexus 5 D821 (Black) 32GB
ROM: Android 4.4.4 (KTU84P) | Bootloader: HHZ11K | Recovery: Stock | Radio: 2.0.50.1.16 | Kernel: Stock

If you have a question, great - but DO NOT PM ME WITH IT!!! | [GUIDE] Return your EU M8 to 100% Stock (S-OFF Required) | [GUIDE] Return your OPO to 100% Stock
Hammer_Of_The_Gods Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi,

Have you unticked "Scanning always available" in Settings/Wi-Fi/Menu/Advanced, maybe this?

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

EddyOS
Old
(Last edited by EddyOS; 26th March 2014 at 01:04 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer_Of_The_Gods View Post
Hi,

Have you unticked "Scanning always available" in Settings/Wi-Fi/Menu/Advanced, maybe this?

I've not used WiFi for months as I'm on Unlimited Data, so it's not even turned on (and I never use that setting, first thing I turned off). It's been fine until the last few days so not sure what's happened...
ROM: Android 4.4.4 (KTU84P) | Bootloader: HHZ11K | Recovery: Stock | Radio: 2.0.50.1.16 | Kernel: Stock

If you have a question, great - but DO NOT PM ME WITH IT!!! | [GUIDE] Return your EU M8 to 100% Stock (S-OFF Required) | [GUIDE] Return your OPO to 100% Stock
Hammer_Of_The_Gods Old
Thanks Meter 0
Oh well, sorry but other than that I have no idea

EddyOS
Old
Thanks Meter 3,015
I know! I've just tried it in Safe Mode and it's still showing as running when it's not so I have no idea what's going on!?!?

Hammer_Of_The_Gods Old
(Last edited by Hammer_Of_The_Gods; 26th March 2014 at 01:27 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyOS View Post
I know! I've just tried it in Safe Mode and it's still showing as running when it's not so I have no idea what's going on!?!?
In Safe Mode, all the Google apps/services are disabled?

Maybe some Google sorcery . I mean with the setting mentioned above disabled even with the Wi-Fi OFF you see it in the battery stats, so now maybe something related to Photos, G+ and so on?

I guess you verified, but just in case...

EddyOS
Old
(Last edited by EddyOS; 26th March 2014 at 01:34 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer_Of_The_Gods View Post
In Safe Mode, all the Google apps/services are disabled?

Maybe some Google sorcery . I mean with the setting mentioned above disabled even with the Wi-Fi OFF you see it in the battery stats, so now maybe something related to Photos, G+ and so on?

I guess you verified, but just in case...
Gotta be something with this particular phone, funny it's only just started doing it...I'll keep digging

EDIT: It DOES seem like it was the WiFi setting as it was on, and it's NEVER been an issue until the last few days. Turn it all off and it now seems to show as off in the battery graph. I'll keep an eye on things, though...