Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,214 Members 43,567 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] WiFi Tether from Nexus 5 to PS3 problems

Tip us?

Topsykret23
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] WiFi Tether from Nexus 5 to PS3 problems

Hey guys. Can some one please tell me what i should do on my Nexus to get it to connect to the PS3?

So I've scoured the forums looking for my exact problem but to no avail. I am trying to connect my wifi hotspot to my ps3 to watch netflix basically. I can get the wifi connected from phone to computer with no problem (thats what im using now). However, when i scan my PS3 for wifi signals, the only thing thats comes up are the usual wifi signals from the neioghbors. I've tried all the settings i can find on the web but nothing works, like changing device info to Optimus 2 and softap. I'm using a rooted Nexus with the Wifi tether app. under Settings, Change device, i dont see my phone make or madel. Maybe that has something to do with it. I have no idea... Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
A guy who just wants to watch netflix on his stupid ps3

NaRiNe
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topsykret23 View Post
Hey guys. Can some one please tell me what i should do on my Nexus to get it to connect to the PS3?

So I've scoured the forums looking for my exact problem but to no avail. I am trying to connect my wifi hotspot to my ps3 to watch netflix basically. I can get the wifi connected from phone to computer with no problem (thats what im using now). However, when i scan my PS3 for wifi signals, the only thing thats comes up are the usual wifi signals from the neioghbors. I've tried all the settings i can find on the web but nothing works, like changing device info to Optimus 2 and softap. I'm using a rooted Nexus with the Wifi tether app. under Settings, Change device, i dont see my phone make or madel. Maybe that has something to do with it. I have no idea... Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
A guy who just wants to watch netflix on his stupid ps3
Why not use the built in wifi hotspot? its in more networks i believe
The Following User Says Thank You to NaRiNe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Topsykret23
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaRiNe View Post
Why not use the built in wifi hotspot? its in more networks i believe
Because rooting and the wifihotspot app are free silly.

NaRiNe
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Because rooting and the wifihotspot app are free silly.
lol i don't understand.. so is the wifi tethering that comes with your phone

Topsykret23
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
lol i don't understand.. so is the wifi tethering that comes with your phone
Sorry I should have added that the wifi hotspot that comes with my phone only works if I subscribe to it, adding extra to my bill. It turns on yes but no data is transferred that way.

NaRiNe
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Sorry I should have added that the wifi hotspot that comes with my phone only works if I subscribe to it, adding extra to my bill. It turns on yes but no data is transferred that way.
ohhhhh i understand now.. i'm not use to hotspot limit that carrier impose on you all since we're still on 3g in my country lol.. you ever tried foxfi?

Topsykret23
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
ohhhhh i understand now.. i'm not use to hotspot limit that carrier impose on you all since we're still on 3g in my country lol.. you ever tried foxfi?
Why yes I have. I paid for the full version. It works great and is easy to use. Same problem when I do the hotapot though.

Akoolive
Old
Thanks Meter 51
http://forums.androidcentral.com/mot...e-no-root.html

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk