Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

[Q] WiFi Tether from Nexus 5 to PS3 problems

OP Topsykret23

31st May 2014, 07:53 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Nederland
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
Hey guys. Can some one please tell me what i should do on my Nexus to get it to connect to the PS3?

So I've scoured the forums looking for my exact problem but to no avail. I am trying to connect my wifi hotspot to my ps3 to watch netflix basically. I can get the wifi connected from phone to computer with no problem (thats what im using now). However, when i scan my PS3 for wifi signals, the only thing thats comes up are the usual wifi signals from the neioghbors. I've tried all the settings i can find on the web but nothing works, like changing device info to Optimus 2 and softap. I'm using a rooted Nexus with the Wifi tether app. under Settings, Change device, i dont see my phone make or madel. Maybe that has something to do with it. I have no idea... Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
A guy who just wants to watch netflix on his stupid ps3
31st May 2014, 02:53 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 7

22 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topsykret23

Hey guys. Can some one please tell me what i should do on my Nexus to get it to connect to the PS3?

So I've scoured the forums looking for my exact problem but to no avail. I am trying to connect my wifi hotspot to my ps3 to watch netflix basically. I can get the wifi connected from phone to computer with no problem (thats what im using now). However, when i scan my PS3 for wifi signals, the only thing thats comes up are the usual wifi signals from the neioghbors. I've tried all the settings i can find on the web but nothing works, like changing device info to Optimus 2 and softap. I'm using a rooted Nexus with the Wifi tether app. under Settings, Change device, i dont see my phone make or madel. Maybe that has something to do with it. I have no idea... Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
A guy who just wants to watch netflix on his stupid ps3

Why not use the built in wifi hotspot? its in more networks i believe
The Following User Says Thank You to NaRiNe For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st May 2014, 07:53 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Nederland

4 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaRiNe

Why not use the built in wifi hotspot? its in more networks i believe

Because rooting and the wifihotspot app are free silly.
1st June 2014, 02:36 AM   |  #4  

22 posts
More
Quote:

Because rooting and the wifihotspot app are free silly.

lol i don't understand.. so is the wifi tethering that comes with your phone
1st June 2014, 02:49 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Nederland

4 posts
More
Quote:

lol i don't understand.. so is the wifi tethering that comes with your phone

Sorry I should have added that the wifi hotspot that comes with my phone only works if I subscribe to it, adding extra to my bill. It turns on yes but no data is transferred that way.
1st June 2014, 04:06 AM   |  #6  

22 posts
More
Quote:

Sorry I should have added that the wifi hotspot that comes with my phone only works if I subscribe to it, adding extra to my bill. It turns on yes but no data is transferred that way.

ohhhhh i understand now.. i'm not use to hotspot limit that carrier impose on you all since we're still on 3g in my country lol.. you ever tried foxfi?
1st June 2014, 08:55 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Flag Nederland

4 posts
More
Quote:

ohhhhh i understand now.. i'm not use to hotspot limit that carrier impose on you all since we're still on 3g in my country lol.. you ever tried foxfi?

Why yes I have. I paid for the full version. It works great and is easy to use. Same problem when I do the hotapot though.
4th June 2014, 03:12 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 52

278 posts
http://forums.androidcentral.com/mot...e-no-root.html

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread