Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,817 Members 53,894 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

No Wifi After Using Network Spoofer

Tip us?

grpace
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Default No Wifi After Using Network Spoofer

Hey guys I was messing around with the app "network spoofer" and "droidsheep" to play a joke on my roommates when my phone crashed and ever since I haven't been able to connect to wifi networks - *guess I get what I deserve for going on my roommates Reddit session and changing his language to 1337 speak.

If I disable/enable wifi, restart, mess with all the wifi settings I either can't find any networks or if I do find networks I cannot connect it just fails immediately.

Running cyanogen mod - latest snapshot and have yet to try a full restore but ideally I'd rather fix it w/o the full restore.

Was wondering if you guys had any suggestions or knew of a fix without restoring the phone (if that will even work).

Thanks guys!

Aerowinder
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1191
Quote:
Originally Posted by grpace View Post
Hey guys I was messing around with the app "network spoofer" and "droidsheep" to play a joke on my roommates when my phone crashed and ever since I haven't been able to connect to wifi networks - *guess I get what I deserve for going on my roommates Reddit session and changing his language to 1337 speak.

If I disable/enable wifi, restart, mess with all the wifi settings I either can't find any networks or if I do find networks I cannot connect it just fails immediately.

Running cyanogen mod - latest snapshot and have yet to try a full restore but ideally I'd rather fix it w/o the full restore.

Was wondering if you guys had any suggestions or knew of a fix without restoring the phone (if that will even work).

Thanks guys!
Try deleting /data/misc/wifi and /data/misc/dhcp and reboot.

Google Firmware: Google
USB Drivers: Google | Mirror
ADB+ADB Drivers: 19.0.2 (4.4.4) + Koush Universal ADB Drivers

TWRP Official: hammerhead | flo
TWRP Holofied: hammerhead | flo

Gapps: BaNkS

Superuser: Chainfire | Mirror
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aerowinder For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

grpace
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Default Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerowinder View Post
Try deleting /data/misc/wifi and /data/misc/dhcp and reboot.
Worked perfectly thank you so much!