OP grpace

14th May 2014, 08:36 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Champaign
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hey guys I was messing around with the app "network spoofer" and "droidsheep" to play a joke on my roommates when my phone crashed and ever since I haven't been able to connect to wifi networks - *guess I get what I deserve for going on my roommates Reddit session and changing his language to 1337 speak.

If I disable/enable wifi, restart, mess with all the wifi settings I either can't find any networks or if I do find networks I cannot connect it just fails immediately.

Running cyanogen mod - latest snapshot and have yet to try a full restore but ideally I'd rather fix it w/o the full restore.

Was wondering if you guys had any suggestions or knew of a fix without restoring the phone (if that will even work).

Thanks guys!
14th May 2014, 11:23 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,287

3,194 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by grpace

Hey guys I was messing around with the app "network spoofer" and "droidsheep" to play a joke on my roommates when my phone crashed and ever since I haven't been able to connect to wifi networks - *guess I get what I deserve for going on my roommates Reddit session and changing his language to 1337 speak.

If I disable/enable wifi, restart, mess with all the wifi settings I either can't find any networks or if I do find networks I cannot connect it just fails immediately.

Running cyanogen mod - latest snapshot and have yet to try a full restore but ideally I'd rather fix it w/o the full restore.

Was wondering if you guys had any suggestions or knew of a fix without restoring the phone (if that will even work).

Thanks guys!

Try deleting /data/misc/wifi and /data/misc/dhcp and reboot.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aerowinder For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th May 2014, 11:43 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Champaign
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerowinder

Try deleting /data/misc/wifi and /data/misc/dhcp and reboot.

Worked perfectly thank you so much!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread