Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,893 Members 51,737 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

windows cant recognize adb

Tip us?
 
sekhon9
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 61
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: hamilton,canada
Default windows cant recognize adb

i installed the required drivers for adb fastboot and unlocked bootloader of my nexus 5 ,but now i cant view my sd card files
in device manager it shows adb android
help me.
windows 8.1
nexus 5 16gb ----4..2.2
 
mistahseller
Old
#2  
mistahseller's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 192
Posts: 795
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Saint Louis
check out this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2514396
 
vin4yak
Old
#3  
vin4yak's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2140
Posts: 3,642
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Mumbai

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sekhon9 View Post
i installed the required drivers for adb fastboot and unlocked bootloader of my nexus 5 ,but now i cant view my sd card files
in device manager it shows adb android
help me.
windows 8.1
nexus 5 16gb ----4..2.2
You can't view your sdcard files because they have been deleted when you unlocked the bootloader!
The Following User Says Thank You to vin4yak For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
sekhon9
Old
#4  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 61
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: hamilton,canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by vin4yak View Post
You can't view your sdcard files because they have been deleted when you unlocked the bootloader!
i know that but im talking about afterwards
 
vin4yak
Old
#5  
vin4yak's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2140
Posts: 3,642
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Mumbai

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sekhon9 View Post
i know that but im talking about afterwards
Oh you mean your PC isn't recognizing the device?

Make sure android sdk with platform tools and usb_driver is installed on your PC and then,
Follow these steps:

1. Connect your phone to your pc and head over to control panel---device manager and select your phone from there.
2. Right click on it and select update driver software.
3. Now select "Browse my computer for driver software"
4. Put this path "C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\extras\google\usb_driver" (C:\Program Files (x86) may differ on your pc depending on where you have installed the SDK)
5. Put a tick on "Include subfolders" and click next.
6. The drivers will be installed again and ADB will recognize your device.

Make sure you accept the authorization request popup on your device when you connect to your PC.
The Following User Says Thank You to vin4yak For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
sekhon9
Old
#6  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 61
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: hamilton,canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by vin4yak View Post
Oh you mean your PC isn't recognizing the device?

Make sure android sdk with platform tools and usb_driver is installed on your PC and then,
Follow these steps:

1. Connect your phone to your pc and head over to control panel---device manager and select your phone from there.
2. Right click on it and select update driver software.
3. Now select "Browse my computer for driver software"
4. Put this path "C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\extras\google\usb_driver" (C:\Program Files (x86) may differ on your pc depending on where you have installed the SDK)
5. Put a tick on "Include subfolders" and click next.
6. The drivers will be installed again and ADB will recognize your device.

Make sure you accept the authorization request popup on your device when you connect to your PC.
any link to all the stuff
 
vin4yak
Old
#7  
vin4yak's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2140
Posts: 3,642
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Mumbai

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sekhon9 View Post
any link to all the stuff
http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html#download

After installing android sdk, open it make sure it has downloaded the usb_driver.
 
sekhon9
Old
#8  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 61
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: hamilton,canada
I've extracted the stuff and when i click the sdk manager cmd appears and disappears ,nothing happens thereafter
 
radicalisto
Old
#9  
radicalisto's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1403
Posts: 3,482
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: York

 
DONATE TO ME
With Windows 8.1 you have to install the Universal Naked Drivers for it to work (for me at least) - The LG drivers wouldn't take on my laptop for some bizarre reason.
// LG G3 (D855) // Stock // Stock //

S3(White) > M7(Red) > Note 3(Black) > Nexus 5(Black) > M8(Gunmetal) > LG G3 (Titan Grey)

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes