XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wipe device with broken screen

Tip us?

jirafabo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 71
Default Wipe device with broken screen

So I smashed my LCD a few weeks back and I'm just now getting around to sending it in to LG to be fixed. I'd like to wipe my phone before sending it in. I hadn't unlocked the bootloader or rooted and the phone is still stock. I tried using WUG toolkit but the phone is not in USB debugging mode so I can't connect. I also tried using Android Device Manager but for some reason it will not connect even though I have it powered on (i'm wondering if it's because I don't have a sim card in it?)

Do you guys have any ideas? I was able to delete all the stuff off internal memory but there is still plenty of access to dropbox and email addresses, etc.

sarkio
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jirafabo View Post
So I smashed my LCD a few weeks back and I'm just now getting around to sending it in to LG to be fixed. I'd like to wipe my phone before sending it in. I hadn't unlocked the bootloader or rooted and the phone is still stock. I tried using WUG toolkit but the phone is not in USB debugging mode so I can't connect. I also tried using Android Device Manager but for some reason it will not connect even though I have it powered on (i'm wondering if it's because I don't have a sim card in it?)

Do you guys have any ideas? I was able to delete all the stuff off internal memory but there is still plenty of access to dropbox and email addresses, etc.
Try USB OTG cable connected to a USB mouse. It worked for me when something similar happened with my Nexus 7

jirafabo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarkio View Post
Try USB OTG cable connected to a USB mouse. It worked for me when something similar happened with my Nexus 7
Oh sorry, I should've been more clear, I can't see any of the screen. It's crushed so bad the entrie lcd popped out of the phone and just hangs by the connectors.